3. 𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐘

𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐘

♡-𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘-♡

"Jake, are you sure about tonight? Are you sure about this summer? I can ring my aunt and see if she'll let me stay-"

"No it's fine babe. Ignore my mom okay, you know she's just acting like this to be difficult." I give him a sincere smile as we both continue to get ready for the party. I knew the strong dislike Laurie had for me, it was just very difficult at times as she always blew hot and cold and some days she was so loving and supportive and others the polar opposite.

After the incident with Jacob and the drugs, after she'd exploded at Jacob and I, Mr Barber had assured me Laurie was okay but I'll never forget the conversation she had with me when she'd caught me alone. To this day I'm sure Jacob and Mr Barber have no knowledge of this conversation.

"You guys ready?" Mr Barber shouts from downstairs, scurrying around the room to grab our last bits and pieces we need for the party. Making our way downstairs Jacob leads the way in his smart/casual navy 2 piece. He wears a plain white t-shirt underneath his blazer, his trousers at a three quarter length and he wears his soft loathers. I followed suit with his outfit choice and decided to wear Navy. It's an A- Line Navy Blue V-Neck Short/Mini Lace Satin Dress with Pockets. The dress is barely halfway down my thighs, the lace embroidery really bringing out my features on my chest. Wanting to tone down my outside I wear my dainty navy hightop converse to finish the outfit, with my small clutch.

Walking hand in hand to the car we both get into the back of Mr Barber's Audi, waiting for him to finish up inside. Only a few moments later he gets in the car starting the engine and wasting no time in setting off.

"Okay so you kids needing some beers?"

"Kids? Dad, we're both 19."

"Yeah... just and if I remember rightly Ainsley is actually only 18 until next week... but wait... You're both under 21 so still can't buy alcohol."

I can see how wound up my boyfriend is getting and it is very amusing to watch. I knew Jacob hated how his dad always reminded us we were both under 21 but his dad had a point. We had only been finished high school 5 minutes and his attitude was already changing.

"Beer would be greatly appreciated, Mr Barber." I chime in, staying mostly out of the conversations.

"You got it! Want anything else Ainsley? I know girls don't always appreciate beer." I smile at his kindness, he's absolutely right but I know there is no way in hell he'd buy me tequila.

"Umm, thanks Mr Barber but it's okay, beer will be fine." I give a weak smile to him through his rear view mirror, patting his pockets he checks he has his wallet before getting out the car. "Back soon."

Before we know it, we're at Ashley's lake house and the party is in full motion and it's only just gone 8pm. Jacob goes round to the trunk to grab the beers and heads straight inside thanking his father for his kindness. I linger a moment whilst I make sure I've got everything and to confirm details later.

"Thanks for this Mr Barber-"

"What have I told you Ainsley, call me Andy." he smirks walking back to his driver door, I follow. I blush a little, tucking my hair behind my ear as it falls over my face. "Here before you go." Andy opens his door, bending down and leaning over into the glove compartment. There I see him pull a bottle of something, quickly moving my gaze from the bottle to his ass. I compose myself again as he quickly stands, not wanting to make it obvious I was staring. I don't think I was quick enough as I see his brow furrow slightly, but if he had caught me he doesn't say anything.