14. 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐘

♡-𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐘-♡

♡-𝐌𝐈𝐗𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐒-♡

Why am I here? I shouldn't be here... I shouldn't have turned up at Ainsley's dorm. What the hell am I thinking? Maybe I can leave before she arrives?

As the little voice in my head is telling me to leave, I see her running around the corner of the building like she was on a mission and wait? Is she crying? She is crying, but why?

"Ainsley?" She stays where she is, I don't think she had noticed fully. I stand stretching as I push my hands in my pockets.

"Andy? W-what are you doing here? Her voice is shaking when she speaks. I'm almost regretting being here, but I have to know what's wrong.

"You didn't reply to my text." I sheepishly speak, I take a few steps towards her, but she instinctively backs away.

"I'm sorry Ainsley... I, I shouldn't have-" Before I can finish my sentence she lunges towards me, grabbing my face with both hands, our lips crashing together. I'm taken aback by her actions, processing whether this is real or not. In my favour this is definitely real. Her lips are moist with fresh tears which still continue to fall down her face, giving into the kiss more. I slowly raise my hands so they rest on her hips. She pushes into my face even further, our lips parting, I take a risk and slide my tongue across her bottom lip, granting me a gentle moan. I can't help but smirk against her lips as the kiss intensifies even further.

I slowly move my hands around her hips, sliding them down to rest on her ass.

Damn I never knew someone's ass could be this good, but what can I say... I'm an ass man.

But just like that, as quick as the kiss started, it ended. Ainsley pushes away from me, I can see her flushed cheeks, her lips are slightly swollen.

"I... I shouldn't have done that." she chokes out, I can see how embarrassed she is from her actions.

"Ainsley-" she cuts me off, not letting me speak.

"I think you should go Mr Barber." She can't look me in the eyes, heck she can barley even look at me all together.

"I told you to call me Andy." I give her a soft smile, I'm trying to read her, see what she's thinking but it's no use. I've never been able to read her emotions, she's too good at keeping her guard up, even when something bad has evidently happened.

"Andy... you need to leave, what I did just then was absolutely unacceptable. I am a good person. I don't go kissing other people when I have a boyfriend. Especially when that boyfriend is your son."

What she is saying makes absolute sense, I agree with her. I'm not the sort of guy who would go around kissing other women when I have a wife at home. The expectation was this is her. This sweet, wonderful talented young lady who I know I'm falling for harder each time I see her.

"I know... will you at least tell me what's got you all upset?" I give a reassuring smile, trying to show I'm not after anything and that I genuinely care. I can see in her face she is contemplating telling me what's happened. I have a good guess it involves my son, but what could he have possibly done to get her in such a state? Cheat? Never. I raised him better than that... didn't I?

She clears her throat, shrugging slightly, "Guess I'm just overwhelmed with everything. Maybe college isn't the right place for me."

"Hey..." She avoids my look, "Hey, look at me Ainsley... please" She's reluctant but she raises her eyes, meeting mine.

"You have worked unbelievably hard to get to where you are today. You've had a lot to deal with growing up, but you are not alone, you hear me. You have so many good friends who will always stick by you, Jacob who is head over heels..." She lets out a small laugh, but not one of those innocent giggles she normally does. This was more sarcastic and pitiful.

"You even have me... Look, I know what just happened... happened but I know what it's like studying law at Harvard. I lived and breathed this course for 4 years. I will do whatever it takes to support you through and see you become a damn good lawyer, because we could sure use someone like you on our side. Giving justice to those who deserve it." I give her an encouraging smile, trying to show her things are going to be okay.

Hesitantly she takes a few steps forward and takes a deep breath. My mind goes to her coming back in for another kiss, just for a split second, because that's what I really want. Instead she walks until she is directly in front of me, lifting her head and she looks into my eyes. I feel them burning through me, like she is studying every single inch of me. Bringing her arms up she wraps them around my neck and pulls me close, hugging me tight.

I know this wasn't the kiss I was after but I will damn sure take a hug, I wrap my arms around her waist pulling her as close as possible to my body.

"Thank you Andy." She pulls back and plants a very soft and gentle kiss on my cheek.

"You're welcome, Ainsley." I reluctantly allow her to pull away from me, I feel so cold losing that physical contact with her.

"I have to go." Barley whispering, she gives me a timid smile.

"I'll text you later, yeah?" I give a sincere smile, taking a few steps back. She doesn't answer my question though, she just gives a slight nod before walking up the steps to her building and entering. I stand watching, hoping she will look back, but she doesn't. She quickly hurries out of sight, and I am left all alone outside her dorm, wondering how someone can have so much power over me.

I keep my promise, I give it a few hours after I have returned home and then I send her a text.

Me:
Hey, just checking in 🙂
Delivered 19:27

Me:
About earlier, it's okay you know. I won't say anything.
Delivered 21:07

Me:
Look I know things were awkward before, but please don't ignore me 🙁
Delivered 21:28

I stare at our chat, praying she will open my messages. I was starting to worry now, her behaviour before was so bizarre. I refresh the chat and see the status has gone from delivered to read. I feel the butterflies in my stomach build as I see the three familiar dots appear on the chat log. But as soon as they appeared, they disappeared again. I feel my heart sink with disappointment. I give it the benefit of the doubt and assume she has a lot to say to me, but after an hour passed and still no message, I knew then that she wasn't going to reply to me.

"Andy, are you coming to bed?" I hear my wife call from upstairs. I rolled my eyes in frustration, the last thing I could deal with right now was handling my wife's temperamental mood, but there again I was having a case of the blue balls since my kiss with Aisnley and needed to release some pressure. I wasn't doing anything wrong, I was simply going to have sex with my wife of whom I am married to, but all the while thinking of someone else.

How hard could it be? I'd done it plenty of times before.

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡
a/n: well that happened 😳 did we expect Ainsley to kiss Andy?? Why didn't she tell him about Jacob?

Is she now ghosting Andy?? What's Ainsley game plan?

ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ & ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ 💗
ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ 3000 ʟᴜᴄʏ xᴏxᴏ