9. 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐘

𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐘

♡-𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒-♡

I knew it was wrong, but I needed to speak with her, keep contact. 

I'm nervous the whole drive home, not sure whether Ainsley will in fact text me as I'd requested. It was stupid of me, she's my son's girlfriend.

She's not mine. So why do I feel so drawn to her?

As I pull into the driveway I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. My heart skips a beat as I go to check.

1 NEW MESSAGE

Ainsley Garcia:
Hey 😊

I grin down at my screen. She actually messaged me like I asked. Before I can reply I get another message from her.

Me:
Hey! How are you? 🙂

I see the three little dots appear as she messages back almost instantly.

Ainsley Garcia:
I'm good thanks! How are you? 😊

Me:
Yeah I'm good!

Me:
Thanks for messaging! 🙂

Ainsley Garcia:
It's okay! You asked me to 😌

I smile down at the screen, I send her another quick reply asking how she's settling into college before putting my phone back in my pocket. I look to my house, just watching quietly knowing I'm going to have to go back inside at some point.

Laurie insisted she was too busy with a work project to come and drop Jacob off at campus with me, but my son and I knew she was too embarrassed to face Ainsley. After her shocking behaviour this summer Jacob finally stood up to his mother, giving him a piece of his mind. It was satisfying to watch, although I got it in the neck later for not defending her.

I check my homescreen again on my phone and see Ainsley hasn't messaged me back as quickly. I sigh with disappointment, shoving it back into my pocket. I gather myself before setting out of my car. I timidly make my way to the front porch, pausing before going to unlock the door.

I step inside the house and it is eerily quiet. Maybe she isn't in, I hesitate before calling out.

"Laurie!" A few seconds of silence pass and I hear nothing in reply.

"Laurie you here?!" I call out again, but I get the same. Nothing. I feel myself release the breath I had no idea I was holding. I hear my phone ping and I hurry to try to get it out of my pocket, feeling a wave of excitement wash over me. I smile down at the screen seeing Ainsley has replied.

Ainsley Garcia:
Yeah I'm settling in great thanks! Hoping to head to a party later on! 😆 Already started drinking with a few of my campus girls. 🥳 🥂

I feel a wave of jealousy wash over me at her announcement. I don't even know why I was feeling like this, it wasn't like I even had a chance with her. She's my son's girlfriend. Before I have a chance to reply she sends me another message.

Ainsley Garcia:
I promise I won't drink too much this time and need rescuing 😉

Is she flirting with me? I decided to test the waters, taking a risk.

Me:
I'd rescue you any day princess. 😏

Hitting send I instantly regret my message, wishing I could take it back, run away and hide. Why did I say that? I hear my phone ping again.  That message I sent was hugely inappropriate.

Or so I thought...

Ainsley Garcia:
Or maybe I do want to be rescued... 😜

Ainsley Garcia:
Maybe I'll have to be a naughty girl 😈

I gulp trying to steading my breathing, my breath shaky. Before I have a chance to reply I hear the front door slam behind me, dragging me out of my dirty thoughts.

"Andy? I didn't think you'd be back yet?" I hear my wife's annoyance in her voice.

"Yeah.. I dropped Jake off, helped him unpack then headed home." She just nods her head in response moving over to the kitchen with the new groceries. I take a deep breath trying to clear my mind of Ainsley. She was gone now and out of the picture. Maybe I should try with my wife some more.

"So, I was thinking we could go out for dinner this evening?" My wife slams her palms on the counter turning to me with an annoyed look.

"I've just stocked up on groceries! Why couldn't you have asked me earlier?" I contemplate pleading my case with her but decide what is the point? I don't have the energy for a screaming match tonight.

"It's okay. I need to head to the office after dinner anway." Laurie doesn't even answer, she shakes her head and continues to put the groceries away.

After the agonsing hour waiting for dinner I quickly eat, not giving my wife as much as a glance as we sit in silence. After we're done eating I take both plates and wash up, her heading straight upstairs, presumably to her little office to go do god knows what.

I quickly finish up, grabbing my phone, my laptop and jacket. Pulling out of the drive I take no hesitation in speeding off down the road.

Locking myself in the office I close the blinds and begin making some headway with these case files, trying to distract myself. I hear my phone ping and notice I have a message notification.

Seeing Ainsley's name pop up I can see there is a picture message attached. My heart is beating out of my chest, my thumb hovering over the notification, almost too scared to open it.

I close my eyes and click, still too scared to look. I peek one eye open, looking down to my screen I'm quick to open the other, my mouth slightly ajar and what I see.

Ainsley had sent me a selfie of herself, posing in nothing but her lacey nightwear. Surely this was a mistake. Surely this photo wasn't supposed to be for me. I see the three bubbles at the bottom of the photo appear, then a new message comes through.

Ainsley Garcia:
Sorry Mr Barber... That photo wasn't for you 😏🫦

"I'm going to hell for this..."

*CALLING AINSLEY GARCIA*

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡
a/n: Ainsley is playing a dangerous game? What is she up to, I thought she was head over heels for the other Mr Barber 😏

I guess we should go check out what's going through Ainsley's mind... 👀

ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ & ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ 💗
ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ 3000 ʟᴜᴄʏ xᴏxᴏ