22. 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐘

♡-𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐘-♡

♡-𝐌𝐈𝐗𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐒-♡

"Did Jacob and Ainsley get off to bed okay?" Laurie asks as I enter the master bedroom to get ready for bed.

"Yeah." I reply, my tone sharper than what I'd intended.

"Is everything okay?" I can hear the genuine concern in my wife's voice. The honest truth was that no. Everything is not okay but there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it. My son who thought it was okay to go sleeping around with his girlfriend's best friend is all snuggled up with her when it should be me who she's sleeping with.

"It's nothing hun." I give her a weak smile as I draw back the covers and climb into my own side of the bed, I take my glasses from the side, popping them on as I resume the current book I was reading.

"I'm going to be up and out early tomorrow morning. I've got some things to grab from the grocery store for the party tomorrow evening." She leans over planting a single kiss on my cheek before resuming her position in bed.

"Goodnight." I mumble as she switches her light off on her nightstand, I however keep mine on trying to distract myself with the book I'm reading. I can't even settle knowing Ainsley is down the hall sleeping in the same bed as him. It should be me.

I stir awake and peer over to see Laurie's side of the bed is empty, rolling over on my side I can see the time in full display on my alarm clock. 9:15. I have no idea what time it was that I actually got off to sleep last night, I gave up on my book and decided to scroll through my phone. I debated on whether to text Ainsley but I refrained myself.

"Andy, are you up?" I hear my wife shout from downstairs. I roll my eyes in annoyance, signing deeply before answering.

"I'll be down in a minute!" I lay a moment longer before dragging myself out of bed and grabbing a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. I get half dressed before exiting the room, dragging my shirt over my head as I begin heading to the stairs.

Walking into the open plan kitchen I see Ainsley sat by the breakfast bar with Jacob engaging in conversation with him and my wife. I can see her side eye me as I walk in but makes a point to purposely not give me her full attention.

"Andy I need you to run to the grocery store and pick up some more drinks and snack supplies." Laurie says as she is grabbing the coffee pot pouring me a fresh coffee.

"I thought you'd already been? Do we really need anymore stuff? Don't we have enough?" I argue as I barely get sat down. I can see the annoyed look on my wife's face and reluctantly agree. "Fine I'll head down after breakfast." She smiles at my agreeance.

"Thank you. Jake or Ainsley can go with you and whoever doesn't go can help me set up the backyard for later."

"You know, after the way you ignored me this morning I was suprised you volunteered yourself to come with me." I can't help but smirk as I glance over to Ainsley sitting in the passenger seat, I swear I catch her blushing slightly.

"I'm only doing this because Mrs Barber pulled me aside and asked if I'd be the one to come with you." There is a hint of attitude in her voice. I like it. A lot actually.

"You can call her Laurie y'know." I say casually as I try to remain focused on the road, but subconsciously I can feel my grip tightening around the wheel.

"I know..." is all she counteracts back. "I'm just reminding you that you have a wife." I can't help but look over to her and she's already looking straight at me, her eyes gazing into my soul.

What was she playing at, why was she being like this, especially since she's the one who kissed me last night.

"And you have a boyfriend." I retort back in the same tone, I knew I caught her off guard as her eyes widened and her cheeks went rosey.

"Well then I think we can both agree, whatever is happening here needs to stop." She looks directly ahead when she says that, I turn to look at her but she can't seem to look at me. This makes me know that what she says she does not mean. She wanted me as much as I wanted her.

The rest of the drive is silent, along with the entire time at the grocery store collecting what Laurie has asked for, the only time we spoke was when we were packing up the car. As I lean into the drivers back door to place a bag of groceries down Ainsley does the same on the other side. Bumping the bags into one another we both look up mumbling an apology.

I catch her eyes and she remains still looking deep into mine as I return the favour. Neither of us move we just become locked in a trance looking into one another's souls. I don't know who moved first but the next think I know is I'm grabbing her face tight, her holding onto my shoulders as we plunge into a passionate kiss. Her tongue slowly slips into my mouth as the kiss deepens, I try pulling her even closer, never wanting the kiss to end.

But just as quick as it started it stopped, we both pull away trying to catch our breath. Her cheeks are all flustered and she pulls herself out of the car doorway standing trying to compose herself. I slowly pull myself back too, I then lean forward so my shoulders and forearms are resting in the roof of the car as I look to her.

"I thought you said?" I can't hide the smugness in my voice.

"I know what I said..." slowly she raises her head to look at me and the most mischievous smile spreads all over her face. I can't help but feel my own smile growing.

"This weekend is going to be fun..." I say as I push myself off and head to the driver's door, climbing inside.

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡
a/n: Why yes Mr Barber it is going to be  fun 😏 very fun indeed.
Why is Ainsley playing so hard to get? Is the guilt starting to get to her or is she secretly a little minx 😏

How do we all think this party is going to go down?? 😏 👀

ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ & ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ 💗
ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ 3000 ʟᴜᴄʏ xᴏxᴏ