11. 𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐘

𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐘

♡-𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐌 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐒-♡

I groaned at the sound of my alarm blaring, even without having to get up for proper classes I didn't want to have to get out of bed. It was 8am and the sun was peeking through a small crack in the curtain. I roll over and slam the alarm on snooze, pushing myself up. I instantly go to cradle my head.

Ugh why did I have to drink so much...

Grabbing my phone I collapse back into the comfy sheets. Scrolling through social media there isn't anything that grabs my attention. I send Jacob a quick good morning message, confirming what time we are meeting for orientation then proceed with my morning routine.

The shower helps to ease my headache, the fresh hot steam relaxing me completely. Whilst sitting at my vanity applying my moisturiser and controlling my hair I see my phone flash up, grabbing it I see I have two messages.

One from Jacob and one from...Andy. My heart skips a beat seeing his name on my screen. I open Jake's message real quick to confirm our meeting later. Pausing, I look down to the screen almost too afraid to open the message from Andy.

Andy:
About last night...

I unintentionally gulp, not wanting to read anymore of the message. I keep it marked as unread and open my message from Jaocb.

Jacob:
Ashley's arranged for us all to have lunch together...🙄 Why don't we just cancel and go somewhere just the 2 of us? 😏

I don't know if it was just Andy's unopened message that had unsettled me but Jacob's idea to cancel on Ashley was exactly what I wanted. I don't know what it was about the previous night but the conversation with Ashley about her new boyfriend wasn't sitting right. She thinks I don't know when she's lying but I know she's hiding something.

Me:
You read my mind Jakey! 😘

Jacob:
I'll be round in 10 😄

I smile down at my phone, not bothering to reply. I look again at the message I've left unopened from Andy and decide to leave it.

***

"Good choice of food Jakey." I smile as I take a bite of my pizza.

"Look I know you and I know that pizza is always the right choice." I shake my head in denial but he is so right, pizza is always a yes.

We continue eating, laughing and joking around having fun, it wasn't until I heard the clearing of somebodies throat behind me that I stopped giggling and looked to see who it was.

"Oh sorry, we'll just have the bill- wait Ashley? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question girl, I texted Jakey about us all meeting for lunch but he never got back to me." I can see my friend glaring at my boyfriend, her arms crossed over her chest and her nostrils slightly flared.

"It was my fault Ash, I distracted him when he'd come to pick me up and he must have forgotten... right Jake?"

Finishing his mouthful he gulps nodding in agreement, "Yeah... right, sorry Ashley." he gives her a forced smile, I can see how uncomfortable he is.

"Anyways, where is your boyfriend? You know the 'other' Jacob?"

Jacob starts choking on his soda, distracting us all from my question. "You okay Jake?" I ask as I move around to pat his back and ensure he is okay.