21. 𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐘

♡-𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐘-♡

♡-𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄-♡

The rest of Friday evening is pretty non eventful. After Andy and I shared a kiss we decided to cool things off. How long that would last is another question but we were willing to give it a go. I headed back downstairs and Laurie continued to chew my ear off about I'm not even too sure what, I zoned out when Andy came and joined us again.

We shared secret looks all through the evening. Whenever we found each other along we'd share lingering touches with our fingers, passing things over to one another a little too slowly, but not enough for anyone to notice. Or so we hoped.

Jacob was more his old self too which was nice to see. He hardly looked at his phone the whole afternoon. I wondered if Ashley knew about this weekend but then it hit me that it shouldn't matter what she thinks. At the end of the day Jacob is still by boyfriend. For now.

"So we're throwing a garden party tomorrow evening." Laurie announces to use all as we begin digging into the homemade BBQ brisket Andy had prepared all afternoon. I choke slightly on my soda, grabbing a napkin to wipe the liquid which falls down my chin.

"We are?" Andy shows a puzzled look, confirming even he had no idea about this.

"Yes, I have invited your mom and dad and a few of Jakey and Ainsley's friends." I give Jacob a look to see if he had anything to do with this but he is just as confused as I am.

"Oh... well that's great mom, who did you invite?" I held off taking another bite of my food, I didn't want the risk of choking at whatever Laurie's answer may be.

"I've invited Josh and his girlfriend around, a few of your football buddies, oh and I've invited Ashley-"

"You what?!" Both Jacob and I exclaim at exactly the same time. I think we both startle one another, I look at him and I can see the guilt in his eyes, he looks at me and he can probably see the discomfort in mine.

"You both sound like you don't want Ashley to come." Laurie furrows her brows, I can see she is genuinely confused at our reactions. We all fall silent, nobody is going to answer her question. I look over to Jacob, who is actively avoiding my gaze, I then look to Andy and I can see the sympathy in his eyes.

"If you want me to cancel-"

"No Mrs Barber, you have gone to so much trouble organising it, I'm sure it will be a great afternoon." I panic, Laurie never takes well to anything I have to say or any opinions I have. Would she be mad at me? I look over and she gives me a warm smile. I don't think she's ever smiled at me like that before.

"Thank you Ainsley, I just wanted to do something nice for you both since you've been working so hard at the university." I return the warm smile and thank her. For the rest of the evening we eat and engage in small talk once again.

Jacob fills us all in on how his courses are going and the timetable for the football season. It was nice to see him getting excited over football, he has always been so passionate about it.

-

It was 10pm when we had all decided to call it a night and head to bed. Laurie was first to head up, followed by Jacob asking me if we wanted to follow his moms lead. I agreed, but only after insisting he uses the bathroom to get ready for bed first. He kisses me on the forehead before heading back inside, I give a small smile trying to avoid Andy's gaze. After a few minutes I sigh in defeat.

"What?" My tone is flat as I reluctantly look over to him.

His shoulders lift and drop as he chuckles to himself, shaking his head. "Nothing..." he trails off, I know he wants to say something about this whole situation.

"Well then, if you'll excuse me, I'm heading to bed." I stand confidently and walk past him, but as I do so he grabs my arm, spinning me to face him as he also stands. He towers over me and I can see his eyes growing darker.

"I don't want you sharing a bed with him tonight." He can't even call his son by his name, I can see the jealousy in his eyes.

"You don't get a say in who I share a bed with." I retort, but I can feel my confidence slowly disappearing.

"Careful now kitten, you're under my roof now. Make sure he keeps his hands off you." Slowly he leans down, until I can feel his hot breath on my neck. "You're mine now." He whispers, planting a small kiss on my neck. My breath hitches at his touch. I feel the air leave my lungs and my knees buckle. He slowly moves away, chucking as he gives me a smug smile before turning and heading back inside. I stand alone, feeling flustered by his actions. I had no idea how I was going to get through this weekend.

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡
a/n: so who's ready for some drama at the party 👀  who's it going to involve??

Also... daddy? 🫦

ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ & ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ 💗
ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ 3000 ʟᴜᴄʏ xᴏxᴏ