zero.

i hummed softly as i strummed my guitar, stringing notes together as a small little solo for a non-existent song.

"Y/N!" my mothers voice rang through the house as her footsteps were heard on the stairs.

my stomach dropped as i rushed to get all my equipment into my closet, but the door to my room opened just as i got everything in front of the double doors.

i froze, slowly looking over at my mother who was staring down at the electric guitar and amp laying at my feet.

"uh.. hey.. mom.." i mumbled, hesitantly stepping in front of the equipment like it would do something to help the situation.

"where did you get that." she hissed, looking up at my eyes. "i bought it a year ago.." i explained, nervously dragging my foot on the carpeted floor.

suddenly, my mother was stomping towards me, pushing me out of the way and grabbing the equipment, stomping downstairs.

"mom- please! why won't you let me play?" i asked, following her through the house and out the front door where my father was getting out of the car.

fear flooded my system as he noticed the guitar and amp in my mom's hands.

"why the hell was that in my house?" my father grumbled.

"your daughter." my mother replied aggressively throwing the amp onto the sidewalk, tossing my guitar into the grass.

"mom! that's expensive, don't hurt it!" i exclaimed, trying to get to the amp to make sure it was okay. though, my mom held me back as my father stomped through the speaker. my heart dropped as the gaping hole in my amp, tears flooding my eyes.

three summers of work...

"dad!" i yelled, breaking out of my mother's grasp and running towards him, shoving him away from the already destroyed speaker.

tears ran down my face as my father made his way to my guitar.

"no!" i cried, scrambling to my feet and running over to the guitar, picking it up. "i payed for it! it's mine!" i yelled, stumbling back from my dad.

"music isn't allowed in our house!" my dad yelled back, trying to grab the guitar. "stop!" i pulled away from the man, turning my back to him and keeping my guitar close to my chest.

"y/n, give me the guitar." my dad grumbled. "no! tell me why there's no music!" i demanded. "because there isn't! it's how we live and you'll obey that!" my dad yelled, spinning me around and grabbing the neck of my guitar. i pulled back against his grasp, trying to make sure my guitar wouldn't be hurt.

my dad's fingernail grazed one of the high strings, making some of it chip off. my dad exclaimed in pain as he brought his hand to his chest, holding one of his fingers against the nail.

he took a moment, looking down at his hand, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly.

"get out of my house." he stated, looking back up at me.

"what?" i asked, shock coursing through me.

"out! get out of my house! leave!" he yelled, walking towards me and making me stumble on the porch stairs.

i looked to my mother, only getting a glare back.

"you have until midnight." my father growled, stepping over me and walking into the house i grew up in.

"mom.." i whispered as she walked towards me, only getting a huff as he stepped over me as well, following my father.

most of my clothes were packed into a bag, my guitar in it's case as i did a once over to look for necessities.

i swallowed harshly, walking downstairs and to the kitchen to get some food. i opened the pantry door only to have it slammed in my face.

i looked over, seeing my dad pointing at the microwave clock.

12:01 am

"dad, that clock is two minutes fast-"

"i don't care. it's midnight. this is no longer your home, so this food is no longer yours." he glared.

a labored breath escaped me as i slowly walked around my dad to the front door.

right as both feet were on our- their porch, the door slammed behind me.

i jumped, looking behind me before looking up at the sky, the moon's light shining on my face.

i walked around town, eventually making it to the outskirts where my parents always told me not to go.

2:30 am

i swallowed and made my way into the woods, trying to find a safe spot deep enough where i would be safe.

as i walked, a fog rolled in. there base of all the trees was surrounded by the mist, making the woods look eerie.

in the end, i decided to climb up into a tree and find a place where i wouldn't fall while sleeping.

i took a few hours, but as the moon's light was blocked by the trees, time seemed irrelevant.

consciousness slowly came back to me as i felt a presence within my bubble.

my eyes slowly fluttered open and i looked around, only to see two glowing purple eyes looking into mine.

"AHHHH"

863 words