six.

"y/n." sister imperator stated as she walked into the kitchen.

i was leaning against the island, scrolling through my phone, straightening up immediately and tossing my phone down.

"miss imperator," i exasperated, slightly startled by her sudden appearance. she barely gave me a glance as she walked over to me, putting a piece of paper on the island countertop.

"you and the earth ghoul are going to go out into town and collect all these things for me. they have been pre-ordered so all you have to do is go in and pick them up." sister imperator stated, not giving me any time to intervene before she turned around and started walking out, "you have until dusk."

i looked down at my phone,

10:59 am

"i guess we're going shopping.." i mumbled.

salt, blankets, heavy duty locks, and sage.

i rose a brow at the list sister imperator gave me, looking up at mountain for his reaction.

his eyes were narrowed as he looked down at his watch, his tail flicking.

"what's wrong?" i asked, tilting my head. "where's the book of ghouls?" mountain countered, looking down at me. "in my room.." i trailed off, glancing back at the church. mountain hummed, turning back to the town.

"are you going to tell me what that was or..?" i asked, following mountain as he started walking. mountain glanced down at me. "have you read the moon page of the book?" mountain countered again. "no.. how did you know about the-" "the internet." mountain shrugged.

"i though the book of ghouls was original." i stated. "it should be, that's why i don't know if i'm right or not." mountain nodded. "about what?" i pressed as mountain led me into a shop.

"the super moon."

immediately, all eyes were on us.

mountain smiled at everyone, ushering me to the back of the store where we could walk without getting stared at.

"i thought super moons only happened like 3 times a year," i tilted my head, looking down at the list and grabbing a pack of heavy duty locks. "that's why they're so powerful. you really should read the pages on the moon. it gives you dates." mountain shrugged.

mountain easily moved onto the next topic, wondering around this shop with me to find the things on our list.

we found the blankets and checked out, going down the street to a crystal shop.

"salt and sage.." mountain mumbled, looking over everyone's heads. "oh! over there," mountain smiled, pointing across the store.

i shrugged following the earth ghoul.

mountain was next to me on my window seat, looking over my shoulder at the book of ghouls.

"should be page forty," mountain mumbled. i nodded, turning the delicate pages.

36... 37... 38.. 39...

i turned the page, seeing a new chapter.

page 40... ghoul anatomy

i slammed the book shut, whipping around to face mountain.

"well now we know the book of ghouls is original," mountain grinned. i huffed, facing forward and turning to around page 57.

"while trying to find something about rain a few days ago i saw something about the moon, why not give it a shot?" i explained my page turning to mountain.

mountain hummed, resting his chin on my shoulder.

i was right.

"yep, 'moons: phases, types, and names.'" i pointed, skimming down the page to find the super moon subsection. once i found it, i pulled the book closer to me so i could read the small handwriting easier.

super moons are very tedious for ghouls. especially if they have a mate. some ghouls might become extra sensitive, some might become extra sensual. it's a spectrum that doesn't even think about taking ghoul type into consideration.

most ghouls will become protective of those in their lives. whether that be their ghoul pack or their partner. it always depends on the ghoul.

no matter the ghoul, their emotions will always be enhanced.

over the past 134 years, we've been studying all ghouls and how they react to super moons. here's what we've found.

there are four main affects of the supermoon: possessiveness, aggression, reclusiveness, and confused/disoriented.
there are too many sub-affects of the moon, but here are the most common ones: passiveness to friends/members of their ghoul pack, irritation, and somewhat animalistic traits during the night.

being caught with a ghoul during a super moon can either be do or die or just a regular night with a whiny ghoul. usually it's the former.

what you want to do is get salt and take these scents into consideration-

"the ministry sure takes moon phases seriously.." i mumbled, lowering the book away from me. "yeah.. it's understandable though. i never remember what happens during super moons. it's like i completely black out." mountain explained, his voice calm and quiet due to how close he was to my ear.

"is it disorienting when you come to?" i asked, looking over at the earth ghoul. "only once. usually i'm just super tired," mountain shrugged. i closed the book of ghouls, turning to mountain completely.

"what happened that one time?" i asked. mountain chuckled, "full of questions, aren't you?" he smirked. i rolled my eyes, "just answer." mountain smiled before shrugging.

"i don't know what happened. i over heard sister imperator talking to papa about it but it's like she has a sixth sense. she can tell when any of the ghouls are around." mountain explained, his eyes darting around my face. "what were they saying?" i asked. "apparently i had acted different than normal during super moons." mountain shrugged. i went to ask another question but mountain cut me off.

"what does the book say about dates?" mountain asked. i looked down at the book and opened it again, turning to the page about moons.

"um... october 13th.." i read. mountain's tail flicked. "that's in less than a week.." mountain mumbled. i looked over, seeing him staring down at the book.

"is there anything we can do for precautions?" mountain asked, leaning closer to me and looking closer at the book. i looked down at the pages, looking for anything that we could do before the 13th.

"it doesn't mention anything.." i mumbled, turning to the next page only to see a different topic. mountain grumbled slightly and closed the book, pulling me closer to him.

"we'll have to prepare you then.." mountain whispered.

1070 words