nineteen.

"y/n?" my mom called.

"we.. we need to go." i stated, pulling away from the hug as i maintained eye contact with my parents.

"what?" dew sniffled, looking up at me.

"we need to go." i repeated, grabbing dew's hand and pulling him along, mountain and rain following quickly.

"y/n!" my dad yelled.

"what's happening?" mountain asked. "we're leaving." i stated. "what? why?" rain asked as i heard hurried footsteps running after me and my ghouls.

"because... because we need to talk boundaries and set expectations for this relationship at the ministry." i said.

it wasn't necessarily a lie. we did have to have a conversation about our relationship, i just needed an excuse to get out of the mall.

"y/n! get back here!" my dad yelled again.

"love, those people are yelling for you." mountain told me, hurrying along after me. "i know." i breathed, trying not to panic.

"we should tell them you aren't avail-" mountain started, though i cut him off. "no. don't talk at them. don't even look at them." i instructed.

"y/n!" my mom yelled, their voices closer.

"it's rude to-" mountain started, slowing down his speed as he turned to look at my parents. i whipped around, holding onto mountain's wrist. mountain turned and looked back at me, his eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

"mountain, please. i'm begging you." i whispered, tears welling in my eyes. mountain stared down at me, the confusion in his eyes turning to a mix of anger and worry.

"y/n, thank god you stopped-" my mom started as she and my dad reached me and the ghouls. mountain whipped around, growling lowly at my parents.

rain caught onto the situation, stepping in front of me and standing next to mountain. dew's tail was flicking aggressively as he glared at my parents from over his shoulder, huddling close to my neck.

my mom's eyes widened with fear as my dad stepped in front of her, staring up at mountain.

"stay." mountain grumbled, his voice low and dangerous. my mom nodded quickly, holding onto my dad's arm as mountain turned around, both him and rain whisking dew and i out of the shopping center.

"ifrit." i panted as i climbed into the car beside dew, mountain taking the passenger seat. "drive." i stated. ifrit looked at me worried through the rear view mirror, nodding and quickly pulling out of the parking spot.

as ifrit drove through the parking lot, he went right by my parents.

as he did so, i made eye contact with my mom. her eyes were wide as she held onto my dad's arm, my dad yelling curses at the car and trying to run after us.

"psycho." ifrit grumbled.

i let out a sigh of relief as i sat back into the seat, my head leaning back.

"what was that?" dew asked. i opened my eyes, looking over to see rain and dew looking at me with worried looks. mountain turned around immediately, his tail flicking.

"nothing, don't worry about it." i shook my head, taking out my phone and texting papa that we were on our way back.

"that wasn't nothing. you look like you're coming out of a panic attack and you begged mountain to back off of his manners." rain said, dew leaning into me for a hug to calm us both down. i shook my head, "i'll tell you guys later.. it's a 'sit on my bed and just listen as i talk' kind of conversation.." i explained briefly. rain sighed and nodded.

"okay.. we're here for you, dove." rain told me, his voice sincere. i nodded, smiling a best i could as dew leaned even further into my collar bone.

i looked forward, making eye contact with mountain as i felt rain link pinkies with mine, my arms around dew.

mountain gave me a questioning look, to which i simply shook my head.

"so.. anybody going to tell me why i'm driving like we're in a getaway car?" ifrit asked.

"and then aether found me in the tree." i took a deep breath, watching all the ghoul's reaction to the night that aether brought me to the ministry over two months ago.

ifrit's eyes were glowing a burning red, dew growling lowly next to him as all the other ghouls sat in slight shock.

"he.. he kicked you out.. without food.." aether said, his voice scarily level. i nodded, looking at all the ghouls that were sat around my bed. aether's eye twitched slightly as swiss stood up, speaking for the first time since mountain, dew, rain, ifrit and i got back.

"i'm gonna kill him." the multi-ghoul growled, walking out of my room. aether was quick to follow, dew going to stand and follow only to be held down by mountain.

"is.. is he actually..?" i asked, looking back at the ghouls from my door. chair shrugged, looking at omega as he began speaking.

"if aether doesn't stop him, yes. aether seems pretty pissed so the likelihood your dad is in the paper sometime this week.." omega trailed off. i hummed nodding, still in shock from seeing my parents so soon.

"are they the ones that ruined your guitar?" dew asked. ifrit snapped his head over to me, his eyebrows raised. i nodded. dew grumbled, mountain's abilities not doing much for the fire ghoul.

"rain, you've been quiet.." alpha said, leaning forward and looking at the water ghoul.

rain was simply staring at me, his eyes glowing softly as his tail flicked around while his body was rigid. mountain quickly switched to using his abilities on rain, sensing the anger radiating off of him.

"did they do anything else to you before that?" rain asked, trying to keep his voice level. i shrugged.

"only force me to go to church with them. my church didn't like me that much anyway." i said. rain growled, his eyes glowing brighter at the mention of the enforced [religion] that was put upon me.

dew stood up, walking over and hugging me, his tail wrapping around my ankle. rain followed, wrapping his arms around both dew and i as alpha, omega, ifrit and chair all softly said goodbye to us, knowing that mountain, dew, and rain wanted some time with me alone.

mountain smiled forcefully as he escorted the older generation of ghouls out, bidding them goodbye before closing my door and walking over to dew, rain, and i. mountain wrapped his arms around the three of us, resting his chin on my head.

after a few minutes, i sighed softly.

"so how about that relationship conversation?"

1107 words!!!