twenty-five.

mountain's pov

y/n was tripping over herself as we walked her into the common room, tears streaming down her face as she shook and sat on the couch.

swiss and aether had hurried off to inform all the papa's of what had happened. sister imperator would surely find out from nihil once he was told.

ifrit, chair, cowbell, and alpha were in the common room, ifrit and alpha quickly rushing over as they saw what state y/n was in.

"y/n, love, you have to calm down and tell us what happened.." i whispered as i kneeled down in front of her, ifrit asking dew what happened.

y/n just heaved, unable to speak. i frowned, quickly moving so i was sitting on the couch and brought y/n into my lap. i focused all of my energy into getting y/n to calm down, my eyes closed as my arms protectively wrapped around my partner.

y/n leaned into my body, her head on my chest as she curled into my arms. i rested my chin on her head, my tail wrapping around y/n's lower leg.

after a few minutes of tuning everything out to focus on y/n, i felt a hand on my shoulder. i opened my eyes, looking to my left to see dew staring down at me.

chair and cowbell were hurriedly trying to calm down ifrit and alpha, both of the other ghouls seething from the information just given to them by dew. rain was stood in front of me, his arms behind his back.

"i think you calmed her down a little too much.." dew smiled softly, trying to lift the mood and hide his anger. though, it wasn't working very well. all the ghouls in the room could feel the heat radiating off of dew, it was especially draining for rain, but the water ghoul powered through it.

confused, i looked down at the girl i loved most, seeing her dead asleep in my arms. i sighed, kissing y/n's head softly before picking her up.

i teetered slightly, having exhausted myself from accidentally overworking my abilities in such a short amount of time.

"you look like you're about to pass out yourself." rain said, his eyes showing worry beneath his mask as he put his hand on my right bicep. i shook my head, shrugging rain off, though that just dizzied me more.

"here, i'll take y/n, and.. not dew.." rain trailed off, looking around the room, landing on cowbell, the only ghoul who wasn't showing intense anger over the situation.

cowbell was mad, yes. in the few minutes he had spoken to y/n, she was incredibly kind to him. someone stepping onto his home's grounds and trying to take someone that was so deeply cared for made him extremely upset. cowbell just knew to keep a filter to his thoughts when everyone else was riled up as well.

"cowbell can help you up to y/n's room so we can all relax." rain turned back to me, already taking y/n out of my arms. i sighed, knowing rain wouldn't let me go on my own. i nodded, rain smiling softly as his tail gently brushed against my leg in subtle love.

"cowbell," rain called as i froze from his previous action.

did he just..

i looked over at dew, feeling the heat radiating off of him lessen, seeing shock in dew's eyes as well.

i reached out to dew, the fire ghoul taking my hand in his, i hissed at the heat of dew's hand as cowbell shuffled over to rain. dew didn't seem to notice how he was burning me, though, i quickly forced myself to become used to the pain so i wouldn't upset dew even more.

i came back to the reality of the world around me as cowbell hurried over, wrapping my arm around his shoulders.

i urged to shrug cowbell off, but ultimately knew i would probably stumble on the way up to y/n's room, so i decided against it.

the walk up to y/n's dorm was silent. about halfway through i felt the heat of dew's hand lessen at a surprising rate, making me look over. behind our line, i noticed rain's tail wrapped around dew's.

rain must've been using his abilities to calm dew down so he wouldn't melt everyone that came into a 10 step radius.

as cowbell helped me, dew, and rain into y/n's room, i noticed everyone in the private walls were exhausted.

cowbell let me slide my arm off of him and fall onto y/n's bed, rain setting y/n in my arms as soon as i was settled against the wall.

"thank you, cowbell.." rain sighed, turning to the previously mentioned ghoul. cowbell's eyes crinkled slightly as he bowed, nodding towards rain.

"make sure ifrit, alpha, and chair get some rest too." rain whispered as he walked cowbell out.

'of course. let me know how y/n is later. and please tell me if there is anything i can do for you all." cowbell signed. rain struggled to keep up with his panicked hand signals, only picking up pieces. cowbell noticed and simplified his request to the best of his ability. rain nodded at the simplification, smiling.

"i will. see you at dinner, at the latest." rain bid cowbell goodbye. cowbell bowed once more, walking away as rain closed the door.

"dew, no. come here." rain said, stopping the fire ghoul from climbing into bed. dew huffed, slinking off of y/n's bed and sulking over to rain. dew's shoulder's slumped as he felt rain place his hand on his forehead, tingles running down the fire ghoul's nervous system from the calming waves rain was sending through dew's body.

after a moment, dew was falling forward into rain's arms. rain quickly caught dew, making a mental note to completely lay off once everyone was settled.

"i really hate how easily you can simmer me out.." dew trailed off, his words slurred as rain helped him over to the bed. "but i always get the best sleep when you knock me out like this." dew sighed, crawling so he was on top of y/n and burying his nose into the crook of y/n's neck. though, not before mountain took of both his and the fire ghoul's helmet.

rain took the helmets from the earth ghoul, taking his off as well and shaking his hair out before climbing into y/n's bed and curling into her side, exhausted from the morning's rush of adrenaline and his use of his abilities on dew.

"i'm sure you do.." rain mumbled. "i do." dew stated, mountain chuckling.

1126 words!!
another small fluff-ish chapter. still trying to figure out how to progress to the next arc so we'll see <3
hope y'all had a good halloween:]