twenty-four.

one month later.

i grumbled as i woke up, not feeling anyone around me. confused, i slowly opened my eyes and looked around.

nope.. no ghouls..

i shrugged, standing up and walking to my closet, getting myself ready for the day.

as i pulled a shirt over my head, looking in my mirror to see if my outfit looked good, i heard a crash from my bathroom.

"shit.." i heard a familiar earth ghoul hiss.

"dude.. come on.." i heard rain laugh quietly. i rose a brow, stepping out of my closet and walking over to my bathroom, opening the door and peaking inside. "i'm trying!" mountain laughed along, also trying to be quiet.

from the crack in the door, i could see the mirror above my sink. in the reflection i saw rain sitting on the sink counter with mountain standing in between his legs, putting something on rain's face.

i quickly grabbed my phone from my pocket and took a picture, my phone catching mountain giggling along with rain because of whatever they were doing.

i smiled, putting my phone back in my pocket and opening the door more, slipping inside. both rain and mountain froze, looking over.

my smile turned into a grin when i saw mountain holding one of my lipstick tubes, rain having his top lip covered in the deep red pigment.

"i didn't think you were one to wear makeup." i chuckled, my arms crossed as rain's gray cheeks developed a tint of red.

rain looked over at mountain, a mortified look in his eye. rain's eyes were practically begging mountain to explain.

"rain wanted to make a present for you that involved a kiss mark and he said that he needed help putting the lipstick on and he asked me because my hands are the steadiest." mountain explained quickly, not taking any breaths. after mountain finished, both of my boys braced like they were going to get yelled at.

"well i can tell you that you're holding it wrong." i smiled, walking over and adjusting how mountain was holding the lipstick tube.

"you're not mad?" rain asked. "why would i be mad? if anything, i think you look cute with lipstick." i grinned, looking over at the water ghoul and getting rid of some of the speared lipstick just above his cupid's bow.

rain's face gained even more of a red tint as he stared at me with wide eyes.

"can you do it? i'm scared i'm gonna mess up." mountain said, looking uncomfortable as he held my lipstick the right way. i nodded, taking the tube from his hand and turning to rain.

as i stood in between rain's legs, gently holding his chin, mountain secretly grabbed rain's hand, running his thumb over the water ghoul's knuckles.

i smiled as i finished rain's bottom lip, tilting my head and fixing some of the edges with my nail.

rain smiled at me, quickly kissing my cheek. i laughed, rain's smile getting even bigger at the kiss mark on the apple of my cheek.

"what did you say this was for again?" i asked as mountain shuffled closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"um.. christmas." rain hesitated, not knowing if he should spoil the present or not.

"you guys celebrate christmas here?" i asked. mountain hummed. "we don't do any of the religious shit. just presents and spending time with family." rain shrugged, the sight of him with lipstick making me grin. rain rolled his eyes as he watched me grin at him.