fifteen.

rain was attached to my hip for the rest of the day, dew noticing the water ghoul's sudden change in attitude and how he acted around me.

dew was obviously pissed about it, making snide remarks meant to piss rain off. rain always just rolled his eyes and moved on, putting his attention back on me.

"this mask is so damn uncomfy sometimes.." rain grumbled, adjusting his head on my chest for the fifth time. "you could take it off. i'm sure the ghouls have seen your face before," i chuckled, nodding to the rest of ghost that were further dispersed in the common room. rain shook his head.

"we technically aren't allowed to show our face to anyone outside of the ghouls." rain sighed, settling on just placing his goggles on my collarbone. "there's gotta be exceptions, though, right?" i asked, trying not to squirm at the weird feeling of his mask pressing into my skin. "not one you would be up for.." rain grumbled. "whatever you say, pretty boy." i laughed quietly, noticing dew's back stiffening as he tilted his head so his ear was more directed to us.

rain froze.

"pretty boy?" the water ghoul mumbled, sitting up and looking down at me. i rose a brow, nodding with a subtle smirk on my face. rain's breath shuddered as he took a moment to process.

"what, you don't like being called pretty boy?" i laughed. dew whipped around.

"pretty boy?! you showed her your face?!" dew yelled, jumping up to his feet. rain looked over, his tail swaying slightly as he stood up from the couch, standing in front of me.

"what if i did?" rain countered, his voice low as the commotion gained the attention of the rest of the ghouls.

"then papa would have to kick you from the band." dew grinned, thinking he won. "i'd risk it." rain growled, his tail flicking slightly. i quickly stood up from the couch, knowing things were about to get bad.

dew's jaw dropped as some of the ghouls followed my actions and stood up as well, getting ready to intervene.

"you're awfully confident. you must've forced her into one of the exceptions, huh?" dew taunted, trying to get something bad out of rain. i looked over at the water ghoul, a bit confused by dew's words.

"i didn't force her to do anything. she asked to see my face, so i showed her." rain grumbled. i quickly put my hand on rain's shoulder to calm him down, sensing he was getting a bit pissed off.

dew growled, moving to swing at rain.

though his arm was caught by mountain, the earth ghoul using his abilities to calm dew down. mountain looked over at rain, making the water ghoul nod and move to place his hand on dew's shoulder.

"no!" dew yelled, trying to back away. mountain simply grabbed into his other arm, keeping him in place as rain gently placed his hand on the fire ghoul's shoulder.

dew thrashed around for a moment but quickly became to tired to do anything. aether and swiss caught dew and brought him to the couch rain and i were just on, laying him down and letting him rest.

all was quiet for a minute as rain and i stood next to each other, rain's tail wrapped around my ankle as he tried to lessen his anxiety.

"so.. you've seen rain's face?" swiss asked.

mountain's jaw was clenched as i finished telling everyone what happened this morning.

"so her asking to see our faces just throws the rules out the window?" swiss asked, obviously not knowing much about the mask rules. aether nodded.

"we can't show human's our faces unless they've asked us to show them, they're our mate, or it's a life or death situation." aether explained.

"you kissed?" mountain asked, his voice low as he spoke through his teeth. mountain's voice was level, but it was easy to tell he was pissed off.