twelve.

"you wish to not be scared of the ghouls?" papa asked. y/n nodded. papa hummed, standing and walking to a bookshelf in his office.

"there is something i can do, but it requires you to fully let go of all resistance you may have. can you do that?" papa asked, looking over his shoulder at y/n. she thought for a moment before nodding, papa's words ringing in her mind.

"good." papa said simply, pulling a book from the shelves along with a simple pocket watch.

"i am going to hypnotize you." papa stated, opening the book. "what?" y/n asked, a bit shocked by how blunt the fourth papa was being. papa looked up from the book to the h/c girl.

"i said i am going to hypnotize you. is that alright?" papa asked. "what does that have to do with making me not scared of the ghouls?" y/n sputtered. papa hummed, standing upright and placing the pocket watch on the open book.

"hypnotism can be used for many things, my dear. it can get rid of a stutter, it can change personalities, it can alter the way one looks at life. you just have to let it in and let it take it's affect. hypnosis is all on the recipient." papa explained. "if you cannot let the hypnosis in then i am afraid i can not get rid of your fears." papa shrugged.

y/n looked over at ifrit, hoping to see his opinion in his body language. ifrit simply shrugged.

"this isn't my decision, y/n. it's yours." ifrit said.

y/n looked back over at papa, thinking everything over.

if i don't do this then my relationship with the ghouls may never be the same.. y/n thought.

will it go back to normal after hypnosis or will the ghouls be confused about my change in attitude towards them..? will papa warn them about it or will he-

"y/n." papa called. y/n looked up from the floor, snapping out of her thoughts. "if you overthink the hypnosis will do no good." papa warned.

y/n stared at the fourth papa for a moment before nodding.

"how does it start?"

y/n watched the pocket watch slowly swing back and fourth, papa speaking softly and giving her simple directions for relaxing her body.

after a few moments, y/n's mind was blank and everything around her was simply space in her mind.

"when i snap you will fall into a sleep like state. you will still process my words and you will still respond, but everything you experience in your mind is not real and it is not happening. do you understand?" papa asked. a small hum of agreement rumbled in y/n's throat.

with that, papa snapped and y/n's head fell forward, ifrit having to catch her so she didn't fall out of the chair. papa chuckled softly.

"i want you to relive last night. what happened? why are you scared? tell me everything you experienced." papa instructed.

all was quiet for a moment as y/n breathed softly, ifrit glancing over at papa. papa made eye contact with the ghoul, holding up three fingers and slowly putting them down one by one.

once all three of papa's fingers were down, he pointed at the h/c girl.

"i'm walking down the hallway to dinner.." y/n sighed. ifrit's eyes widened slightly making papa smiled. "good. what's happening while you walk?"

"i'm going by other sisters of sin.. they aren't paying any mind to me.." y/n stated.

"mm.. what's happening now?" papa asked as y/n slightly flinched.

"i just got tackled into a room.. mountain is on top of me panting.. his eyes are black.." y/n mumbled. "what next?" papa asked, looking down at the book and reading some.