EIGHT

Root Cellar

"Please tell me you have something." Alaric said. 

"Connection sucks. W-Where are you?" Dorian asked. 

"Root cellar full of contraband that our pickpocket Landon Kirby claims he didn't steal." Hope said. 

"There's a fire-breather outside. Can you prioritize your rage?" Rafael said. 

"Dragon." Dorian said. 

"What?" Alaric asked. 

"Dragon. She steals treasure, breathes fire, hides the loot in her lair. She's-she's not a pyromancer, she's a..." Dorian said. 

"Dragons don't exist or look like people." Alaric said.

"Would say the same about vampires, witches and werewolf but here we are." Jeremy said.

"Dragons don't exist, or look like normal people." Alaric said.

"Ric maybe you're a psychic." Damon said laughing.

"There was a time we would have said that about vampires." Dorian said.

"Don't say anything Damon." Jeremy said when he saw Damon looking at him.

 [SCOFFS] "Okay, fine. She's a, a human dragon. Now what?" Alaric asked.  

"In anything I've ever read..." Dorian said. 

"In fiction." Alaric interrupted. 

"the way to take down a dragon, you need a buttload of courage and a sword." Dorian continued. 

"How about a knife?" Hope asked showing the knife. 

 [GROWLS]

Hope came out the root cellar and threw the woman backwards.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you smoking's bad for you?" Hope asked

"Didn't anyone ever tell you smoking's bad for you?" Hope asked. The woman stood up walking towards Hope with her eyes glowing.

"I know. Quitting's hard. Scutum." Hope said putting the knife infront of her as the woman breathe fire stopping it from reaching her.

" Hope said putting the knife infront of her as the woman breathe fire stopping it from reaching her