TEN

Alaric's Office

Alaric was examining knife. Looking through the page about the knife.

"Gaulish. Why does it always have to be Gaulish?" Alaric asked himself when he heard somthing outside the window.

[RUSTLING] [LOW GROWLING]

Next Day, Magic class

"All right, gather together. Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch. Where's Penelope Park, Alexa Salvatore and Henrik Mikaelson?" Dorian asked. 

"Um, lady cramps, Mr. Williams." Lizzie said. 

"Sorry I asked." Dorian said. 

"Lexi is not feeling well and Henrik is with her." Hope said.

 "Okay. A disharmonious group makes for an uneven flow." Dorian said while kids laughed. 

[STIFLED LAUGHTER] 

"Okay..." Dorian said when a paper came floating in the class. 

"Uh-oh, who's in trouble with the headmaster?" Josie said

"Probably the people who started a rumble with the local high school." Hope said giving Lizzie a look.

"Lizzie Saltzman, Josie Saltzman. And baby makes three. Off you go." Dorian said.

"Why did he call you baby?" Klaus asked. The kids just shrugged.

 ◆Boarding School Library

"This makes no sense, Dad. Why are we being punished?" Lizzie asked. 

"Because you started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we really do here." Alaric said. 

"Well, you weren't mad last night." Lizzie said. 

"I was mad last night. My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage. I volunteered everyone in the game, so stop complaining. You're lucky that it's just community service and not actual jail time." Alaric said. 

"Can I at least offer a rebuttal in my defense, if it pleases the court? First of all, I was provoked. My response was totally proportional considering the levels of abuse that I was forced to endure. And secondly... if anyone should take the blame, it's Josie." Lizzie said  

"What?" Josie asked shocked.  

"I'm sorry. I totally cracked under cross, but if you had just let Kaleb catch the ball..." Lizzie said. 

"You'd still be in trouble." Alaric said. 

"But nice job throwing your sister under the bus." Hope said. 

"Thank you, Hope." Josie said. Lizzie looked at Josie in shock.  

"Speaking of, the bus leaves in ten minutes, and I expect all three of you to be on it, working together today, harmoniously and without drama. End of debate." Alaric said.