SEVENTEEN

High School Gym

" Nice form. You're one of Dana's friends, right?" MG asked the girl. Lizzie beside them listening and warming up. 

"Jill, and my friendship with Dana doesn't define me. That was a joke. Of course it does." Jill said. 

[CHUCKLES] 

[CHUCKLES] 

"Cool, cool. Tell me where Dana and Sasha are and we'll get out of your hair." MG compelled her. 

"More like split ends." Lizzie commented. 

"Shut up, Saltzman. And why are you all up in their business? Are all of you private school kids this creepy?" Jill said standing up and walking away. Lizzie and MG looked shocked.  

"Uh." MG said.

[WHISTLE BLOWS]

"Compulsion fail. Hope's probably doing a victory lap by now. What's with the performance anxiety?" Lizzie asked. 

"I think you're distracting me." MG said looking at her legs. 

"I'm wearing polyester." Lizzie said. 

"And you're totally pulling it off." MG said.

[SIGHS] 

"Get your head in the game, MG." Lizzie said holding his shoulder 

[PHONE RINGS] 

"You have the school phone? Where were you keeping it?" Lizzie asked with a disgusted look. 

"It's your dad. He trusts me. You smell like gummy bears." MG said when Lizzie came near him. 

"Answer it." Lizzie said rolling eyes. 

"Okay. Hello?" MG said. 

"I need to talk to everyone." Alaric said.  

"We split up." MG said Lizzie smacks his chest. 

"Lizzie. I told you to work together." Alaric said.

"In order to conquer, we had to divide, Daddy. So looks like you're gonna have to trust your own gene pool for once. Sorry to disappoint." Lizzie said. 

"Look, I'm about to tell you three things, all equally horrifying, so I need you to keep your cool. Can you both do that?" Alaric asked. 

"Of course, no problem." MG said and Lizzie nodded. 

"Okay. One: Dana is dead. Two: A vampire killed her. Three: I just told the sheriff that we had nothing to do with it so I need to know right now that I am right. Have either of you heard anything about the vampires at our school feeding?" Alaric asked.  

"No." Lizzie said.  

"Nah. We're not supposed to, everyone knows that." Mg said nervously. 

"Okay. Good. I'll call you back when I know more. And I expect you to be with Hope when I do." Alaric said.