THIRTY-TWO

AT THE PARTY

Lizzie arrived at the party to see everyone dancing. She descended down the stairs smiling.

"Ah, let's welcome birthday girl number one, and her lucky escort." The DJ said.

[CHEERING]

Lizzie frowned when she didn't see Rafael.

MG vamp speed at the end of the stairs as Lizzie came down.

"Where's my date?" Lizzie asked standing in front of him.

"You're looking at him." MG said.

"You're wearing sneakers?" Lizzie asked.

"These are Concord s, Milady." MG said giving her a rose.

"What if I told you my favorite was sunflowers?" Lizzie asked.

"I'd know you were lying." MG said.

"How?" Lizzie asked confused. MG pointed towards a few witches who made confetti fall on them. Lizzie smiled.

"The same way I know that your favorite color is lavender, your favorite dessert is key lime pie, you like a blend of hip-hop and old-school Motown, and powdered bat wings make you sneeze." MG said taking her hand leading her to the dance floor, motioning the DJ to play the song.

♪ Girls just wanna have fun ♪

"My favorite song." Lizzie said smiling.

"I know." MG said dancing around Lizzie making her laugh.

"Lizzie let me tell you something that boy right there is the best for you." Rebekah said.

The kids smirked making Lizzie blush.

Alaric's Office

"Aren't you gonna be late?" Jo asked doing Josie's hair.

"Oh, no. It's cool. No one will notice." Josie said sadly smiling.

"At your own party?" Jo asked giving her the hairbrush.

"Maybe if I had a date." Josie said.

"Jo you don't need a date to go to your own party and if you ask me anyone will be lucky to be your date." Hope said making Josie smile.

"Is there someone special?" Jo asked leaning on her.

"That is a complicated question." Josie said.

"Humor me." Jo said siting in front of her.

"Well... [GIGGLES] Last year, there was this girl, um, but she dumped me." Josie said.

"Oh." Jo said

"And now there's this boy. Um, but Lizzie has dibs, so..." Josie said.

"Does she know you like him?" Jo asked.

"No. That would be... bad." Josie said.

Lizzie looked down feeling ashamed for making her sister feel like this.

"Being 16 and having a strong twin sister isn't a cakewalk. But anybody who spent five minutes with you would know how special you are." Jo said.

"You're only saying that because you're..." Josie stopped.

"It's okay. Caroline is your mom. She did a great job." Jo said with a smile.

Caroline smiled hearing this.

"Lizzie's exactly like her. You would never know that she's not her biological mom." Josie said.

"And you take after me." Jo said smiling.

[LAUGHS]

"I'm really happy you're here. I honestly think that Dad is really lonely." Josie said.

"He's a pretty terrific guy, your dad. But you can catch me up later. You have a party to go to." Jo said smiling.

"Actually, do you want to come with me?" Josie asked.

Gym

"So you can slay a dragon, but you can't get us out of here." Rafael asked.

"Only Penelope can undo the spell. Or the triplets could siphon the magic." Hope said.

"Well, that's unlikely, seeing as Lizzie probably thinks I'm standing her up right now." Rafael said.

"Her ego could use a little bit of deflating." Hope said.

"I don't have that big of a ego." Lizzie said.

The kids gave her a look.

"Ok fine I might have a bit of ego problem." Lizzie said sighing.