THIRTY-EIGHT

Salvatore Boarding School◆

"I'm no stranger to death, but that doesn't mean I want to talk about it." Hope's voiceover said.

Klaus hugs Hope and Henrik.

"Dear Grandma, I've been thinking of you, wishing you were here." A girl wrote on the paper.

"Once a year for Remembrance Day, we're asked to write letters to our lost loved ones." Henrik's voiceover said. The screen shows kids writing to their lost ones.

"Dear Cassie, I miss you every day." Rafael wrote.

"We sign our names, fold them up, and scatter them throughout the cemetery." Hope's voice over said. The screen shows Lexi, Hope and Henrik sitting in the library. Hope drawing the Necromancer.

"Wow that's a nice drawing." Rebekah said.

"You got Nik's talent." Kol said.

"They both did." Lexi said.

"I usually don't see the point in it. Why write to the dead?" Henrik's voiceover said.

"I'd rather not think about it at all. Except lately... Death keeps knocking on my door." Hope's voiceover said.

The door to the school open and a girl walked in barefoot.

Hope and Rafael were walking together with Lexi and Henrik behind them when Rafael stop and stared at the girl.

"Cassie?" He called out confused.

"Raf" the girl Cassie said.

"Cassie? Isn't that your?" Hope and Henrik said in sync.

"My girlfriend." Rafael said quickly hugging the girl. They both hugged crying.

While Hope, Henrik and Lexi looked at them thinking what's to come.

"Not another one." Matt groaned.

________________________

Alaric is seen screaming and stabbing a knife in the Necromancer's head who sits their bored.

"Was that necessary?" The Necromancer asked annoyed.

"I told you I need answers." Alaric said

"Why would I help you? You have me in chains." The Necromancer said.

"This indignity will not go unpunished." He continued.

"We have been at this for days. Answer my questions, or I'm gonna peel your skin off like a grape and shower you with battery acid." Alaric said.

"Wow Ric." Damon said impressed.

"I like you now." Kol said.

"A rather grotesque effort, considering it will feel like the delicate tickle of a feather." The Necromancer said pulling out the knife and handing it to Alaric.

"All right. Let's see how this feels." Alaric said showing a blow torch.

"Dr. Saltzman." Hope entered the cell.

"Oh, there you are, lovely girl. I was wondering if you'd come visit me again. How's your friend, the one I saw you with earlier, trying to steal an illicit peek at me?" The Necromancer asked.

"As we speak, he's having an emotional reunion with his dead girlfriend. I assume we have you to thank?" Hope asked sarcastically.

"Poor dear. Her spirit was clinging to him like a vine in winter. It took barely any effort. Just a little wrinkle of the nose, and poof. Young love reborn. You're lucky that's all I did. The way you've treated a man of my stature, you should be ashamed." The Necromancer said. As Alaric walk out the cell closing it behind him.

"Literally nobody knows who you are." Alaric said frustrated.

"Poor Ric looks done with him" Jeremy laughed.

"That's impossible." The Necromancer scoffed.

"I'll check on Raf." Alaric said walking out but Hope stayed behind.

"I-If you want an end to this misery, simply bring me the knife and I'll be on my way..." The Necromancer said.

"Hope" Alaric yelled.

"I take it things aren't going well?" Hope asked Alaric asked they walked in the hall.

" He's a diva." Alaric said.

"So what's the plan? I know you don't want to give over the knife, but we can't have him raising the lost loved ones of every person in this school." Hope said.

"I will handle it. I have questions that need answers." Alaric said.

"Okay, well, I'm not sure your methods are the most effective." Hope said.

"Hope. I said I will handle it. Now, just stay away from him." Alaric said walking towards Rafael and Cassie who were sitting on the couch. 

"Hey what was that about?" Henrik asked walking towards Hope.

"The Necromancer." Hope said.

"Not giving the answers?" Henrik asked.

"Dr. Saltzman's methods are not effective." Hope said.

"Well if you want to torture him ask uncle Kol for different methods." Henrik said making Hope smile.

"Yes I'm the best person." Kol said laughing.

"Ok I'll see you later." Hope said hugging Henrik. While walking away Hope saw Henrik running towards Lexi and dragging her to the basement. She knew he was taking her to see the Necromancer. Shaking her head she walked away with a smile.

"Lexi is he's crime partner." Lizzie said.

________________________

Basement

"Ok this is creepy and not romantic at all." Lexi said as Henrik pulled her towards the Necromancer.

"Really there's a Necromancer in the school, don't you want to see him?" Henrik asked.

"No" Lexi replied making Henrik look at her in disbelief.

Everyone laughed at the look he gave.

"Oh look who showed up." The Necromancer said.

"So you really a Necromancer?" Lexi asked.

"THE Necromancer! Bringer of life and death. He who holds the Fates' threads. The cursed king of the underworld!" The Necromancer said.

Lexi and Henrik looked at each other. The Necromancer smiled thinking they were scared when suddenly Lexi and Henrik bust out laughing. 

Everyone chuckled.

"What are you laughing at." The Necromancer yelled

"You" They said in sync laughing.

"Well it was great meeting you." Henrik said pulling Lexi towards the door.

"Bye the bringer of life and death. Oh and thanks for bring my dad but if you do something like that again you won't have hands to hold the fates' threads." Lexi said flashing her eyes red walking out with Henrik.

"Nice one." Damon and Kol gave her approving looks.

"It's her." The Necromancer said with little fear in his eyes.

"He knew about you?" Stefan asked Lexi nodded.