TWENTY-SIX

Cabin, Somewhere◆

When Lexi, Henrik and Alaric entered the cabin they saw the Dryad sitting on the chair not talking.

"It's been hours. She's not gonna tell us anything." Dorian said. Lexi gave Alaric a nod who then opened the window.

"Don't do it." Kol said.

"Why?" Alaric asked.

"Are all humans stupid?, the wind can break the barrier freeing her. Lexi I thought you were smart." Kol said. Lexi smiled sarcastically.

[WIND WHISTLING] 

"Oh, that feels nice. Thank you, Alaric Lexi." Dryad said. 

"From somebody who has lost exactly what you lost today...I'm sorry." Alaric said. 

"I will honor our deal. What do you wish to know?" Dryad asked. Dorian and Alaric shared a look.

[CRICKETS CHIRPING]

Boarding School

[DOOR SLIDING OPEN] 

"Sorry I'm late." Hope said entering the room. 

"Hold up. Who voted for her?" Kaleb asked. 

"I ran unopposed." Hope replied. Emma casts a spell that made the scale float in air.

[SPEAKS FOREIGN LANGUAGE] 

"We're here to discuss if Landon should be allowed to stay at the school. My vote, on behalf of the lower school, is to err on the side of inclusion. We exist to help kids like him." Emma said putting a block on stay side. 

"Which is what I'm going to go do now. I have a search party out looking for Jed. As you've all seen, violence leads to more violence. If you'll excuse me." Emma said walking out. 

"All right, who wants to start?" Kaleb asks. 

"Landon has to go." Hope said. 

"Never thought I'd be saying this, but... Hope's right. Humans refuse to make a place for us in their world. We start letting them in, it's only a matter of time before they take this place from us, too. Landon goes." Kaleb said putting the block on leave said making the scale balanced. 

"Landon is my brother. He's the only reason I'm alive. He can't go back to human life knowing that magic and dragons exist. We took his whole crappy life from him. Be awful selfish of us not to give him one to replace it. [SIGHS] That's two-one." Rafael said putting the block on stay. 

"Doesn't matter how much we want him to stay. Look what one mad wolf did to him. Earlier, I asked him if he felt safe here. He said 'yes.'" Hope said a small vision from earlier is shown as Hope takes the ball out of the jacket that was glowing red.

"He was lying." Elena said. 

"He was lying. This place is dangerous for him, and even he knows it." Hope said. 

" I will protect him." Rafael said. 

"And where were you an hour ago? That's the point. If he stays, it's on all of us. It is all of our responsibility to protect him. Can we honestly say we believe every one of us can handle that kind of a responsibility?" Hope asked putting the block on leave side. Making it balanced again.

"I agree with Hope." Klaus said.

"Looks like it's on you, Josie." Kaleb said. as everyone looked at her.

 Cabin, Somewhere

"The night I was to leave with Oliver, something attacked me, and I woke up in an endless darkness." Dryad said. Dorian was writing it in a book as Lexi and Henrik where standing behind him. Alaric was standing in front of the Dryad with the knife in hand. 

"I could feel the presence of others, but not see or hear them. I was there for so long, and then, just as suddenly, I found myself not far from here. With an urge to possess that knife." Dryad said looking at the knife. 

"This place sounds awful." Bonnie said.

"Why? What is this?" Alaric asked putting the knife on the table beside Dorian. 

"I do not know. Only that I must have it. It's like something... something pressing inside me, telling me to take it." Dryad said. 

"Take it where?" Henrik asked. 

"There is a dark pit beneath the earth. Locked away. I can see it. I can feel it. I am meant to take the knife there. If I do, I will find peace and finally be free." Dryad said scratching something on the dried candle wax. 

"And who told you to do this?" Lexi asked. 

"A voice in my mind. It is still there. I tried to fight it, but I am not strong enough." Dryad said completing the symbol.

"She is giving you a clue without the voice in her head knowing." Elijah said.  

A gust of wind made the circle around the Dryad open.

"I told you." Kol said.

"I'm sorry. I have no choice." Dryad said 

"Watch out." Alaric said just as the roots quickly wrap around Dorian, Lexi and Henrik's Legs making them fall on the ground. 

 [GRUNTS] 

"Dorian, the knife." Alaric said going to the axe in his bag but roots wrapped quickly around his hand. 

[GRUNTS] 

As the roots wrap around the knife's handle. Lexi shot the arrow right in the Dryad's chest.

"Take me to the daffodils. Take me home. Take me, please." Dryad said as Alaric kneel in front of her. 

"Atleast she would be at peace." Stefan said.

Boarding School◆

Everyone was looking at Josie. Josie took a look around the picked up the block.

"Josie. Please." Rafael pleaded. 

"Since Landon walked through those doors, my sisters, my father and I have almost died. We don't really know what Landon is, so we can't really say if we know if he's dangerous or not. Raf, this isn't about who's friends with who or who you like. This school is family, and I am not putting my family in danger again." Josie said putting the block on leave side.

"Maybe it's a right choice." Matt said.

"Or not. They nor him knows what he is, going back to normal is not possible." Elijah said. 

"Raf." Hope warned him as he stood up throwing his chair back. Kaleb stood up too. 

" Raf, stop." Josie said. 

 [CHUCKLES] 

"You know what, I'm done with both of y'all." Rafael said walking away. 

◆Daffodils

"Watch your head." Dorian said as he laid Dryad on the ground. Lexi was standing behind him.

"I was wrong about you... Dorian. You kept your word. Not all humans lie." Dryad said. 

"It's okay. I wish more monsters were like you." Dorian said. 

"I remembered something else. That black pit, that awful place, it is called Malivore." Dryad said. 

"Malivore. Thank you. I'm sorry this happened." Dorian said the Dryad smiled then looked at Lexi.

"Lexi It's your destiny to destroy the world. If you don't let it consume you the prophecy won't come true." Dryad said Lexi looked confused.

"If don't I let what consume me?" Lexi asked but the Dryad was died.

Everyone looked at Lexi who just ignored the looks remembering what happens in the future.