THIRTY-ONE

Boarding School Gym

"I can't believe you slept with Lizzie Saltzman." Hope said as they practiced waltz.

"Me too." Henrik and Lexi said in sync.

"Look, I was mad and she was there. I didn't say I was proud of it." Rafael said.

"Wow" Lizzie said feeling a little hurt.

"He's just being a jerk Lizzie." Lexi said.

"You're leading." Rafael said when Hope started to lead.

"You're officially a gigolo." Hope said.

[SCOFFS]

"Thanks for this." Rafael said when they break up from the dance.

[LAUGHS]

"I guess I'll see you at the party." Rafael said walking towards the exit.

"No, you won't." Hope said.

"Hope." Lexi said.

"What?" Hope asked knowing what Lexi was going to say.

"I told you if you're not attending the party at school come with us." Lexi said. Hope nodded.

"So, what, you're just gonna stay in your room alone while everybody else is out having fun?" Rafael asked in disbelieve.

"Yep, works for me. Might go with Henrik and Lexi." Hope said.

"Bullcrap. Everybody needs a crew." Rafael said.

"Kind of ironic coming from the reluctant alpha. And I have a crew." Hope said.

"Okay, well, the pack is one thing, but a crew is a crew. You know what? I had that in Landon until you sent him away." Rafael said.

"We're back to that?" Hope asked

"I'm just saying. It's one thing to be cool with being alone, and then it's another to want to be the lonely girl on purpose." Rafael said.

"I'm not a lonely girl I have friends." Hope said.

"At the time you only had Henrik and Lexi. And they don't count as friends." Lizzie said.

"As opposed to Mr. Good Guy, who's taking a girl that you don't even like to her own party?" Hope asked.

"You know what, you're right. Lesson learned." Rafael said going to the door.

"The hell?" Rafael said when something blocked him from exiting the gym.

"Barrier spell." Hope said touching the barrier.

"Fantastic." Hope said sarcastically.

"Sorry, kids. Nothing personal." Penelope said standing on the other side of the Barrier.

"Uh, Satan is back." Lizzie said.

"Let us out of here, Penelope." Hope said.

"You'll be free in an hour. Plenty of time to practice that waltz." Penelope said walking away. While Hope and Rafael looked at each other.

Library

"I-I don't get it. She hasn't tried to escape, not a word about the knife. She knows things that only Jo knows and let's not ignore the fact that I remember her, so she's not like the other creatures. And Stefan is out with Lexi." Alaric said.

"I would never harm her." Stefan said. Lexi smiled at him.

"Blunt force hasn't gotten them what they want, so they've moved on to psychological warfare. Tread lightly. If Jo and Stefan are another monster, they can do more damage to you than any dragon. And Lexi can take care of her self." Emma said.

"It was something they said..." Dorian said.

"Here." He said showing a book.

"There's an eyewitness account of a group of World war I soldiers buried in France who came back to life and massacred a village. After, they didn't remember hurting anyone. And they all said they'd been "yanked" back into being. Like Jo and Stefan." Dorian said.

"Wait, so someone or something resurrected them and used them to attack a village." Alaric asked. 

"Without them even knowing it." Dorian said.

Saltzman Twins room

"Dad is so suspicious." Josie said helping Lizzie with her hair as it was time for the party.