THIRTY-SIX

Boarding School

Hope was sitting in front of the fire place still in the gown when Rafael entered.

"Hey." Rafael said.

"Hey." Hope replied.

"Rough night?" Rafael asked looking at the dirt on her arms.

"Um... no. All evidence to the contrary. I actually had a lot of fun. What about you?" Hope asked.

"About that... I was straight with Lizzie." Rafael said sitting down the table beside Hope.

"Wow you did something good in your life." Jeremy said sarcastically making Lexi and Henrik bust laughing.

♪ We can dance ♪

"Well, um, I now have my own Avengers squad." Hope said making both of them laugh.

"Which at first I and Lexi weren't included." Henrik said.

"Well you both weren't there the first time." Hope said shrugging.

"Every Avenger needs a Black Widow and Captain America. That's us." Henrik said pointing to himself and Lexi.

"Comic Nerd." Hope teased.

- ♪ We can dance, we can dance ♪

"You want to see if I still got it?" Rafael asked standing up and holding his hand out for Hope.

♪ Taking the chance ♪

"Why not?" Hope said taking his hand.

♪ The safety dance ♪

Both of them slow danced.

"You look like you took a bath in dirt." Rafael said.

"Oh, thank you." Hope said sarcastically.

"You're welcome." Rafael laughed.

"No, actually, you wouldn't believe the night that I had. I, um, decided to take your advice..." Hope said.

♪ The safety dance. ♪

Lizzie and Josie's Dorm

"So, we just siphon the magic out of her until she's... what, dead again?" Lizzie asked with sad look, Josie was siting next to her with Jo and Alaric siting in front of them.  While Lexi was siting on a chair and Stefan standing behind her.

"That was a little insensitive." Damon said.

"Oh, my God. Lizzie, what is wrong with you?" Josie whisper-yelled at her.

"What?" Lizzie asked.

"It's okay, Josie. It's okay. I'm already dead. I was a witch, just like you. And we believe in the natural order of things. I shouldn't be here. I love that I had this, but it's a lie. And now I need you to help me make it right. The longer I'm here, the more I remember where I came from. I used to watch you. I used to watch all of you. Like in a dream...where everything is warm and happy. I think I was at peace. So that's where I'll be. Waiting for you." Jo said with tears in her eyes.

"Before I siphon dads magic I want to have some time alone with him." Lexi said standing up. Alaric nodded.

"It was nice meeting you Jo." Lexi said pulling her in a hug.

"Its good to see you too." Jo said with a smile.

Lexi and Stefan walked out the room to give them some private time.