𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. Second Name Day

╔═══════๑♡๑═══════╗
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
╚═══════๑♡๑═══════╝

AENORA AND RHAENYRA STEPPED OUT of the carriage with the children following behind them

AENORA AND RHAENYRA STEPPED OUT of the carriage with the children following behind them. People clapped as the King and Queen and their son exited the carriage.

"Hail, Hail Aegon the Conqueror-Babe, Second of His Name! Here's to his Grace on his second name day!"

Aenora looked to Rhaenyra, who appeared to be glum. She knew why. Her sister was sad that no one celebrated her like this, simply because she was not male. It also hurt Aenora, because neither was she celebrated as greatly as Aegon. But, Aenora was glad her brother got to experience it.

She knew Rhaenyra needed a minute so she stayed outside with her until she was ready to go in.

They were the last to enter the King's tent. Aenora saw people talking amongst themselves, crowding around Alicent and Aegon, drinking, and much more.

Aenora stood back as Rhaenyra wandered through the large tent.

"Mama," Rhaemax nudged his mother.

"Yes, sweet boy?" Aenora looked down.

"Can we go play outside? It's hot in here." Rhaemax asked.

"Only if you ask Lydia and Emely to go with you. But you must behave," Aenora told them.

The twins smiled before going to Lydia and Emely. The maidens obviously said yes since they cannot deny them, but it was nice for Aenora to act as if they had a choice.

"You do not wish to play with your brothers?" Aenora asked her youngest.

Aeva simply shook her head before putting her hands up, as if asking to be held. Aenora smiled before picking the small child up.

Anyone whose been a witness to Aevas growing up would tell you she is utterly attached to her mother. She was a smart child, she knew what she liked and she knew what she disliked. And she just happened to dislike being away from Aenora. She also didn't like very many people. The only people she truly enjoyed being around were her brothers, Rhaenyra, Lydia and Emely, and obviously her mother. Other than that, she only tolerated anyone else.

Aeva often slept with her mother, and sometimes so did Rhaemax and Jaelyx. All of Aenoras children were very attached to her. Alicent had called this unhealthy, but Aenora knew it was because Aegon did not act like this with her. And she often told Alicent this.

Aenora saw her sister quickly walk away from the other ladies and out of the tent. Aenora followed her with Aeva on her side.

"Nyra," Aenora called out, ignoring all of the whispers.