𝒙𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. The Ruthless

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

WHEN THE CASTLE OF STORMSEND came into sight, Souleater and Daemian descended from the sky and into the gates surrounding it

The young Targaryen prince felt no fear when he stepped off his dragon. But the guards in front of him definitely did when Souleater let out a loud roar. Souleater was much like Daemian, at least in the sense of fearing almost nothing.

As Daemian walked towards him he heard another roar, except this one didn't come from Souleater.

The prince turned his head to the left, only to see Vhagar. He simply rolled his eyes and mentally cursed the old dragon and her rider. Not because he was jealous, but because ever since Aemond claimed her, he was annoyingly arrogant.

"I am Prince Daemian Targaryen," he told the guards. "I bring a message for Lord Borros, from the Queen."

Four of the guards nodded their heads before turning and walking Daemian into the castle.

When he entered he looked around. The castle was dark and only lit by a few torches and a sky light. Lord Borros sat lazily in a stone throne with three of his daughters to the right of him. Daemian soon spotted Borros's other daughter to the left of him, standing next to his eyeless uncle.

"Prince Daemian Targaryen," A guard announced. "Son of Princess Aenora Targaryen."

Lord Borros stared at the prince with an almost angry expression, waiting for him to speak. This agitated Daemian, he didn't like when people looked at him this way, especially when he has done anything... yet.

"Lord Borros, I've brought you a message from my mother, the Queen." Daemian said.

"Yet earlier this day, I received an envoy from the King. Which is it? King or Queen? The House of the Dragon does not seem to know who rules it," Borros laughed. "What's your mothers message?"

Without taking his eyes off Lord Borros, Daemian held out the sealed letter for a guard to grab.

When the guard handed it to Lord Borros, he looked at it for a moment and sighed out of frustration.

"Where's the bloody maester?" Borros shouted.

One of the men, from what Daemian believed to be his counsel, hurried to go find the maester.

Daemian turned his head to Aemond, whose eyes were fixated on him. Daemian did not feel threatened by the smirk his uncle had plastered across his lips. Honestly, he thought Aemond looked a little stupid. He's never done anything to him, nor will he. Aemond may be a good fighter but Daemian was better.

When the maester finally came to read the message, Daemian watched as he whispered it to Lord Borros.

"'Remind' me of my fathers oath," Borros said, obviously irritated. "King Aegon at least came with an offer: my swords and banners for a marriage pact. If I do as your mother bids, which one of my daughters will you wed, boy?"

"My Lord, my mother wanted me to be the one to offer a proposal. But since you already asked which of your daughters I'll wed, I'll take the one in the middle." Daemian motioned towards the light haired girl.

Lord Borros held a slightly shocked expression, "Her name is Maris."

Maris smiled. She was slightly angered when Aemond chose her other sister over her, but was pleased when Daemian chose her. She was also happy he had both eyes.

"Alright then. Lord Borros, I'd be honored if you allowed me to take your daughter, Maris, as my wife." Daemian said, sending a slight smile towards the girl.

Lord Borros thought for a moment, looking between Aemond and Daemian. He soon realized each of Aenoras children had a dragon of their own, and she had six children, plus her dragon, Daemons, Rhaenyras, and many more. Alicent only had three.

He soon came to the conclusion that they didn't need his support and he didn't want to be on the side with less dragons.

Lord Borros gave a simple nod to Daemian, agreeing to the proposal.

Maris was quick to join Daemian at his side and she was also quick to send an smile to her sister and Aemond, as if bragging.

"Now that I'm betrothed to your daughter, you will uphold your fathers oath, Lord Borros?" Daemian questioned.

"Yes, My Prince. Queen Aenora has mine and my houses full support. And to ensure my support, you may take my daughter with you back to Dragonstone if that is what you wish." Borros replied.

"Please do," Maris whispered to Daemian.

Daemian looked at Maris then to her father, "Then we should take our leave before the storm arrives."

Daemian held out his hand for his betrothed, who gladly took it.

The two began to leave but were stopped by Aemond.

"Wait," Aemond said.

Daemian sighed before turning to face his uncle.

"Nephew, did you really think that you could just fly about the realm trying to steal my brother's throne at no cost?" Aemond asked in a calm tone.

Daemian knew Aemond would say something eventually. He was too arrogant for himself and if no one else would put him in his place, Daemian gladly would.

"How did your cunt of mother react to seeing her father's ashes?" Daemian gave a venomous smile.

"Call my mother a cunt again, boy." Aemond challenged.

"You know, when I was young my sister once read something that said 'a good king knows when to save his strength and when to destroy his enemies'. But I am no king," Daemian paused. "And your mother's a cunt."

Aemond drew his sword from his side and lunged for Daemian. But in one swift movement, Daemian pulled his dagger from its sheath and threw it.

The dagger was thrown into Aemonds only eye and went all the way through his head, killing him.

Gasps and screams were heard from all corners of the room.

Lord Borros stood up from his throne, but didn't say anything. He was in utter shock.

Daemian didn't wait for any reactions, instead he went to kneel down beside his, now dead, uncle.

"Whatever you do, I'll do worse." He said to the corpse.

From then on, Daemian wouldn't simply be known as Daemian Targaryen, he earned himself the name; Daemian The Ruthless.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHORS NOTE

sorry aeva babes, but at least you get cregan.

omg. live, love, Daemian. y'all really thought i was gonna kill him off huh. anywaysssss one more chapter omg. hehehehe. lmk what you thinkkkk. i'm so tired. anyways drink water & drop a comment.