𝒙𝒍𝒗𝒊. I'll Do Worse

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER FORTY SIX
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

AENORA STOOD IN FRONT OF THE FIRE, listening to Daemon and their children, guards, liege lords, and whoever else was important talk of the imminent war

Her counsel was divided in two. Some wanted Aenora to be mindful of the citizens, the others wanted her to burn Kings Landing to the ground. "It can always be rebuilt" and "We must think of the people" were constantly being said.

Aenora had already decided she'd play however The Greens would. They started the war when they usurped her throne and she answered by burning Otto alive.

She was not playing the long game. Her message to Alicent was; whatever you do, I'll do worse. And those exact words were written on a piece of paper inside of the box that held Otto Hightower's ashes.

"How do you want to go about this, Your Grace?" Lord Bartimos asked.

"I will not attack Kings Landing with just our dragons. Don't think I'm above it, because I'm certainly not, but I don't want my people to perceive me as their enemy." Aenora looked around the table, "My eldest son and daughter will go to Winterfell, my youngest son will go to Stormsend, and my nephew will go to Riverrun."

"So you want the rest of us to sit back and do nothing?" Daemon questioned.

"That is not what I said," Aenora said sternly. "The maesters will send ravens to other houses. We will gather as many allies as we can. And I and Jaelyx are going to go Kings Landing and enter the Red Keep in sceret. I want to at least try to talk to my siblings."

"Aenora-" Daemon said.

"Sister, that is not wise." Rhaenyra stepped to the table.

"How ironic of you to tell me what is wise," Aenora sneered. "Was is wise of you to sleep with my husband? Hm, sister?"

Gasps erupted from everyone. Even from all of their children.

Aenora huffed, "Leave us."

Daemian looked at his mother then to his father, as if giving him a warning, before exiting with the rest.

When the doors closed Aenora turned her back to Rhaenyra and Daemon. She took off her crown and placed it on a different table.

"I did not know the babe was Daemons, Aenora. If I-" Rhaenyra tried to explain but she was cut off by Aenora's laughter.

"Vaemond Velaryon was right. You are a fucking whore," Aenora said as turned again. "If your babe had lived, what would you have done, Rhaenyra? Or more so, what would you have told me? Would you have lied to me about its father as you lie about your bastard sons?"

"'She'," Rhaenyra corrected.

"She, he, it. What does it matter? It's dead," Aenora scoffed.

"You are being cruel," Daemon told her.

"The irony of you both telling me what I am is absurd. How am I being cruel? By stating a known fact? If it is between you and I, you are the cruel one, Daemon." Aenora held no emotion in her face.

"You are using the death of her child to hurt her, that is cruel." Daemon argued.

Aenora rolled her eyes, "Did you not say, 'I don't care about her of that fucking child'? I wonder, husband, if the babe lived what would you have told me? What would you have told our children? I mean, the poor thing looked revolting but it was undoubtedly yours."

Aenora was amused by the shocked and sorrowful faces of her husband and sister.

"Enough, Aenora! I was alone and so was Daemon! You left us, you left him. Leanor and Harwin both left me," Rhaenyra exclaimed.

"I can see why," Aenora said.

Rhaenyra dismissed her sisters comment and continued, "For six fucking years you were locked in your bed chamber and barely spoke or even LOOKED at us. We were all each other had!"

Aenora thought about her sisters statement for a moment, trying to find some sympathy for them. But, she couldn't. She stood by everything she said.

If she were to have done this to either one of them they'd react the same way if not worse. Daemon would undoubtedly go ballistic. And Rhaenyra would probably disown her.

They were lucky she was even speaking to them. They were lucky she hadn't beheaded them, cause the gods know she's thought about it more times than she could count.

"You sound so fucking pathetic. Rhaenyra, there's no justifiable explanation for sleeping with someone who isn't yours. Especially, after everything I've done for you. You were the heir because I told father to name you. You as well, Daemon. I became the heir because that's what you wanted." Aenora looked at them with disappointment evident in her eyes. "You're son is going to be the next Lord of Driftmark, because of me. You are the King Consort, because of me. Everything I've ever done has been for someone else, and this is what I get for it."

Aenora didn't allow them any more time to speak. Instead, she left them there speechless. She was right and they knew it. Nothing they could ever say would justify their betrayal.

They could only hope she'd one day forgive them.

The queen left to her bed chamber alone. Still, she couldn't even think of doing to Daemon what he did to her.

She loved him. She always would and that's just how it'd be.

She didn't know if she'd ever forgive them. It was too soon to even think about.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHORS NOTE

i've finally figured out how i want to end the book & im so excited. just a btw, if you ever get cheated on don't go back to them LMAO that's just not it.

anyways, lmk your thoughts. and s/o to alice_in_fictions for giving me the idea for this chapter.