𝒗𝒊. Dracarys

╔═════๑♡๑═════╗
CHAPTER SIX
╚═════๑♡๑═════╝

AENORA STOOD NEXT TO RHAENYRA at the funeral

at the funeral. It took every bit of Aenoras strength to even stand, it was by the Gods grace she was even there. For the past few days Aenora had slept. She had not eaten, nor spoke. Both Lydia and Rhaenyra had to force her out of her bed and dress her.

Aenora could not look at the corpses that lay on wood in front of her. She looked out to the sea, listening to the wind. She knew everyone was waiting on her, but she wasn't ready to say her last goodbye. But she also knew, she'd never be ready.

Daemon stepped up behind her, "You cannot let them lie there forever, Nora."

"He did this to them," Aenora spoke in Valyrian. "He did this to her, and still he has no heir."

"Your father is in pain just as much as you," Daemon said. "As his eldest, he will need you."

"I will never be a son," she said before taking a few steps forward.

She looked to her father and all she felt was anger. She allowed that anger to consume her. She allowed hate to fill her heart. She saw how miserable Viserys was, and in her mind he deserved it. All things have consequences. That pain he was feeling was his.

Aenora no longer felt bad for living instead of her twin. That was fate, Viserys's fate.

The Princess looked up to Vyr, and as the pain and anger collided she spoke clearly, "Dracarys."

With that simple word Vyr climbed down the hill and let out a terrifying roar followed by fire.

Aenora looked back to the sea as the fire turned Aemma and Baelons corpses to ash.

It wasn't long after Aenora returned to the Red Keep that a Small Council meeting was called. She already knew what it was about. They wanted to know who would be heir.

Aenora was one of the first people in the room, aside from Otto. She said nothing to him when he tried to console her. He told her about his wife and how he knew how she was feeling, which she highly doubted. She did not doubt that he knew pain, he just didn't know hers.

Aenora stayed seated when her father entered. She was still angry, and she would be for a very long time.

He did not say anything when he saw that she did not stand.

"Where's Rhaenyra?" Viserys asked his daughter.

"This is the last place any of us wish to be. She should not be here, Your Grace." Aenora told her father.