𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. Silk Street

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗CHAPTER TWENTY TWO ╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

AENORA'S BACK LEANED AGAINST Daemon's chest in the bath. He laid soft kisses on her neck, with one of his hands under the water resting on her stomach, and the other hand was holding Aenoras. This was the first time in years they were truly relaxed. Not worrying about the other, because they were together.

Aenoras free hand played with the ends of her long hair. Being in her lord-husbands arms made her think about how lucky she was, to have a loving relationship rather than a purely political one with no love.

But she was also thinking about her sister and her father. She didn't like when the two quarreled.

Daemon, though, he imagined all of the different ways he could take her in that very moment.

"Daemon?" Aenora spoke softly.

"Hm?" Daemon hummed against her skin.

"I think my father is angered by Nyra's lack of enthusiasm for getting married." Aenora turned her head to look at him.

Daemon huffed as he lifted his head. He didn't wish to speak of problems that didn't concern him or Aenora. He didn't wish to speak at all, for that matter. But nonetheless, it's what his beloved wife wanted, and what she wants she gets.

"I think Rhaenyra needs to learn to see marriage in a different aspect." Daemon told her.

Aenora scrunched her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Daemon looked at his wife, knowing she already knew what he meant. Before she and Daemon were married, she thought the same as her sister. She thought that marriage was only for power and sex was a duty.

"She views marriage as only political. No fun and forced love. She needs to see that it can be a pleasure more than a responsibility." Daemon smiled as he tilted her head back and kissed her.

"Wouldn't she have seen it with us, though?" Aenora questioned. "We're happy. Definitely not a forced love, and we obviously have a lot of 'fun'."

"Not necessarily. With us the love and desire was already there. She may not be so fortunate." Daemon said.

Aenora thought for a moment. She tried to figure out ways to help her sister see marriage for what it can be. But she couldn't think of anything.

She was hesitant to ask Daemon for help, but it seemed that if she wanted to help Rhaenyra, that was the only way.

"Do you have any ideas on how we can help her?" Aenora asked.