𝒙𝒗. Apart

╔═══════๑♡๑═══════╗
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
╚═══════๑♡๑═══════╝

AENORA HELD AEVA WHILE DAEMON and Rhaenyra held Rhaemax and Jaelyx

AENORA HELD AEVA WHILE DAEMON and Rhaenyra held Rhaemax and Jaelyx. She looked to her three children and for once in her life, she was proud of herself. She had successfully given Daemon two sons and a daughter. She did her duty as wife, now she had to do her duty as a mother and raise them well.

Aenora was mesmerized by her children and their little features. In that moment, she was completely obsessed with being a mother. She was excited for their futures and wondered how their personalities would grow. She could already see Rhaemax's and Jaelyx's. Rhaemax was curious, he was always looking around and taking in scenery. Jaelyx was a fussy babe, he liked attention and if he wasn't getting any, he'd cry. It had only been a day since Aeva was born, so Aenora couldn't really tell.

"What're you thinking?" Daemon asked in Valyrian.

"What kind of people they will turn out to be," Aenora said.

"If they're anything like the both of you, they'll be stubborn." Rhaenyra told the two.

"Oh heavens. They're never going to listen to us," Aenora joked.

If they're anything like their parents they'll most definitely be stubborn. But they'd also be incredibly intelligent and strong. At least that's what Aenora hoped.

Daemon looked at his three children and thought about how very lucky he was to Aenora. He'd never forget the pain she went through to give him such beautiful babes, he'd always be thankful for her. But, deep down he was scared. He did not want them to be anything like him. He knew he wasn't the best person, let alone a good man. He knew he wasn't the nicest nor the most admirable and he wasn't afraid to admit that. But, Daemon wanted his children to be kind like their mother.

Little did Daemon know, Aenora wanted them to be like him; strong and independent. Maybe not ambitious but she wanted them to know what they want and deserve. She wanted them to go after everything desire, in an acceptable manner.

Only time would tell who Rhaemax, Jaelyx, and Aeva become. No matter what, both parents would love them.

After awhile Rhaenyra had left the family so that they may be alone, leaving them in a comfortable silence.

Daemon got up from his wife's side and placed Jaelyx in the crib next to his brother before returning to Aenora.

Daemon played with Aenoras hand. "Why did you not tell me you were with child?"

"So you wouldn't worry."

"I worry no matter what. Not telling me made no difference. I would have been here, you know that." Daemons voice was soft, assuring her he was not mad. "Did you not want me here?"

Aenora stared at him in disbelief. "Daemon, I want you with me at all times, all of the time. I don't even like breathing when you're not around. I just know that you wanted to prove yourself."

"I have no need to prove myself."

"You lie to me and you lie to yourself."

"Fine."

Daemon stood up but before he could walk away she grabbed his hand.

"Do not walk away from me. Sit back down."

Daemon grinned. "Rhaenyra told me you no longer held your tongue. But I should've figured that when you told me you'd kill me."

Both Aenora and Daemon laughed.

"I said a lot of things because I was in pain. I wouldn't have actually killed you."

"It's funny to me that you really think you could."

"You know you'd let me."

"I would not. I sort of enjoy living these days."

"You didn't before?" Aenora furrowed her eyebrows.

"Before you I was just existing. You gave me purpose," Daemon rested his chin on her head and his arm around her.

Aenora thought about what he said for awhile. She felt sad for him. He really was just existing and doing whatever to make himself noticed. She realized the only reason he did the things he did was because he wanted his brothers attention. He only wanted to be loved.

"Well, now you have three purposes."

"Only because of you, Nora."

"I could tell you the literal reason as to why you have three purposes, but I'd rather not talk in such a way in front of my daughter."

Daemon chuckled.

"She's asleep, please do."

Aenora slapped his chest, playfully.

"I'm serious, Nora."

"I know you are."

Daemon went quiet. "I have to return to the Stepstones soon."

"I know." Aenora said, trying to to think of that.

It was long before Aeva was put in her crib because Aenora became tired and needed to rest. Daemon stayed awake while she slept, he had to leave at first light, so he took in as much of her presence as he could.

Neither of them wanted him to leave, but he had his duties and they both understood that. He knew then next time he'd see his children, wouldn't be as small as they are now. He was heart broken about the fact that he was missing the first parts of their lives. And he was also sad over the fact that he was going to be apart from his wife.

Aenora too was sad that her husband would be away for so long. But, she was glad she had her sister, and two friends, and even her father there to help her.

She was happy she had three children and not just one, they'd never be alone, as Aenora was never alone because she had Rhaenyra. Aenora hoped her children would be close and have an unbreakable bond between eachother. She promised to teach them the importance of protecting and loving one another.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHORS NOTE
Time jump next chapter. But my Acts will be on for every episode. Also, the time jump in the next chapel is around 2/3 years. I also found some faceclaims for the children😌 sorry this is a short chapter, i'm trying to get to the next ep.
thoughts?