𝒙. Promise

╔═════๑♡๑═════╗
CHAPTER TEN
╚═════๑♡๑═════╝

DAEMON SAT IN A CHAIR HOLDING Rhaemax while Aenora and Jaelyx were asleep

DAEMON SAT IN A CHAIR HOLDING Rhaemax while Aenora and Jaelyx were asleep. Max had woken up and Daemon didn't want him to wake his mother and brother by crying. Though, Max was awfully calm for a newborn babe. He only tended to cry when he hungry. Jaelyx was the same except he'd also cry when he wasn't being held.

Daemon looked from his son to his wife and other son. It had been four days since his children were born, yet he still felt as though it were unreal.

"Did you wake him? Or did he wake on his own?" Aenora asked with her eyes still closed.

"I walked in and he was already awake," Daemon replied.

Aenora sat up in the bed and looked over to the cradle Jaelyx was in, she smiled. Both of her children were beautiful, it was unworldly.

Daemon placed Max in the other cradle next to Alex before laying next to Aenora and bringing her into his arms. Aenora adjusted her self carefully. She was still feeling pains after the birth.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yes. The bleeding also stopped."

"Good. Maybe you'll be less sore tomorrow."

"That would be wonderful. I'd like to move from this bed. I don't like feeling like an old, sickly woman."

Daemon chuckled, "You are the most beautiful old woman I have ever seen."

Aenora attempted to playfully pull away from him but Daemon only tightened his grip.

"I wonder if my father was upset with Rhaenyra for coming here with out his permission," Aenora said.

Rhaenyra had told her sister that when she heard that Viserys sent Otto she left. To defend Aenora and Daemon, of course.

"I'm sure she's alright, do not worry yourself."

Aenora went quiet for a moment. She had remembered something Rhaenyra said the she left.

"What is it?" Daemon asked, concerned. He knew whenever she went quiet the way she did, she was thinking about something that made her uncomfortable or angry.

Aenora sat up in the bed and looked at her husband, "My father may be getting engaged soon... possibly to Laena Velaryon."

Her face turned at the thought. She knew how young the Velaryon girl was. She was only ten and two. Aenora was disgusted by the thought of their marriage, but she also felt bad for Laena. Laena was a sweet little girl.

Daemon also looked uncomfortable.

"It hasn't even been a year since my mother died," Aenora told him.

Aenora knew that it wasn't uncommon for men in high positions to take another wife after theirs have passed. But she couldn't comprehend how Viserys could even think about it after he's been with Aemma for years. The only way Aenora could understand this was if he wanted more heirs. Male heirs. She didn't want Viserys to change his mind and renounce Rhaenyra as heir to the Iron Throne, simply because he finally had sons. She also didn't want Rhaenyra, nor herself, to get pushed aside.

"It's a duty he has for the realm. To produce more heirs to strength his line," Daemon held her hand.

"Would you?" She questioned, "Would you remarry if I were to die?"

"Would you want me to?"

"I would want our sons to have more siblings."

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I don't think I could." He answered honestly.

Daemon knew himself well enough he couldn't love another woman the way he loved her. He couldn't even look at another the way he did her.

Aenora smiled. Not because she'd be jealous if he said he would, but because she knew how much he loved her. She knew it a long time ago when she chose to believe him.

"Promise me something?"

"Hm?"

"If I were ever to die, you won't resent our sons and you will love them and protect them, no different than now."

Daemon sealed the promise by kissing Aenoras
hand then her head.

Early this morning Aenora felt much better than they days before. She was able to move and walk without much pain. She also didn't feel as tired.

All day, she had been anywhere but her chambers. She had grown tired of staring at the same walls and sleeping. She was bored out of her mind.

She found herself spending time in the common area with her sons. She had finished an entire book while she was in bed. To her surprise she had also grown tired of looking at words all day. So, instead of reading she would draw. But Aenora often found herself staring at Max and Alex. Aside from how beautiful they were, she was trying to figure out who they looked like more. All she could really tell was that they were almost identical.

"Lydia?"

"Yes, Aenora?"

"Who do you think the boys resemble the most?"

Lydia looked down at the twins, "You, no, Daemon. I don't know. They look like each other."

Both girls laughed.

"Do you want them to look like you? They both look pure Targaryen." Lydia asked.

"It don't matter to me who they look like. I am just curious." Aenora replied, still looking at the babes.

"It's still hard for me to believe you are a mother now. I remember when you were just a little girl," The red headed woman smiled.

"Sometimes I still feel as though I am a little girl," Aenora stated. "Do you want children of your own, Lydia?"

Lydia smiled at the Princess, "I thought you knew I don't eat from the same bowl as you."

Aenora pressed her lips together and tilted her head in confusion.

Lydia laughed, "I don't like men, Nora."

"Oh! I knew that," Aenora smiled. "But that doesn't answer my question."

"Uh, I guess I never thought about it. Considering two women cannot conceive a child," Lydia said.

"With me, here, you are free to do whatever with whomever. And there are other ways of becoming with child or having children," Aenora told her.

"I suppose you're right."

Before Aenora could say anything else a guard entered the room.

"Princess, the Prince has requested your presence."

Aenora look to Lydia, who nodded.

"I'll look after Max and Alex," she said.

"Thank you."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHORS NOTE:
Another filler chapter. But um never thought i'd have to say this, but please do not steal my shit, as in my books plot☠️. like deadass cmon man. be fuckin fr. I don't care if you take inspiration from this but not literal sections from my writing, like shit. AND HOW YOU NOT GONNA GIVE CREDIT??