𝒙𝒙𝒙. If I Never Do

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

DAEMON WAS WOKEN UP TO A KICK in the face, he already had an idea as to who it was

in the face, he already had an idea as to who it was. He looked to his wife, who only laughed, before looking underneath the blankets.

Aedith was laying there, still asleep, in between her mother and father.

"And she shows no remorse?" Daemon furrowed his eyebrows.

Aenora continued to smile at her husband, "She did the same to me earlier."

"Why is it that whenever she ends up in our bed, she has to kick us? I love her, truly I do, but I will start locking the door." Daemon said as he moved Aediths foot away from his face.

Aenora only snickered before getting out of the bed.

"And now you laugh at my pain," Daemon gave the Princess and playful glare.

"Aedith is a child, her little kicks barely hurt." Aenora stated as she pour herself a cup of water, "Have you become weak, my love?"

Daemon covered Aedith with the blankets before following his wife out of the bed.

"Weak?" Daemon placed himself behind Aenora, snaking his hands around her waist.

"Mhm. Weak," Aenora repeated.

"Maybe for you, Aenora. But trust me, I am not weak." Daemon whispered, sending chills up her spine.

Aenora turned on her heels and kissed him. She wrapped her hands around his neck as he wrapped his around her back, deepening the kiss.

How their love has flourished throughout the years.

They had their peace.

Their home and their family.

"Daemon," Aediths voice came from behind Aenora and Daemon.

Daemon sighed, "Why must she insist on calling me by my name?"

Aenora laughed once again.

"No," Daemon spoke in Valyrian as he walked towards his daughter. "Kepa."

"Kepa," Aedith looked up at her father.

"I am not Daemon to you, little love" Daemon said.

Aedith giggled, "Daemon."

Aenora sat on the other side of the bed, "Good morning, sweet princess."

"Hello, mama." Aedith smiled.

Daemon glared at his wife for getting his daughter to call her 'mama' while he gets 'Daemon'.

"Alright, little love. Do you wish to go back to your bed?" Daemon questioned.

Aedith nodded before jumping into Daemons arms.

Aenora watched as the two walked out of the room before laying back down.

She was glad that they had decided to teach their children Valyrian young. Her five other children were already fluent in the language.

It wasn't long before Lydia and Emely entered the room to begin helping Aenora ready for the day. Dressing her in a light blue dress and braiding her hair in one long single braid.

Emely cleared her throat as she straightened out the back of the dress, "Did you notice that Alicent and her children are still wearing green?"

Aenora scrunched her eyebrows. She could only remember so much from Rhaenyras wedding. But she did in fact remember Alicents entrance. She walked in wearing her house colors, which commanded everyone's attention in the throne room.

During the overly dramatic entrance, Aenora and Daemon both stayed seated as the Hightower queen walked to the table. Aenora took it as a sign of disrespect and in return she disrespected Alicent.

But now, the green that Alicent and her children wore didn't bother Aenora. Alicent was no Targaryen, so there was no sense in her wearing the Targaryen house colors, in Aenoras opinion.

If Alicent wanted to wear green, she could. She was the Queen, she could do as she liked. Aenora didn't care.

Though, Aenora wasn't stupid. She knew of Ottos ambitious wishes. She knew the moment Aegon was born.

Aenora knew Otto would push for Aegon to be king.

She could feel war approaching. She had her time of peace, this she was thankful for, but she knew it would never last. The only reason it did was because her father was still alive.

Aenora was no fool.

The moment her father takes his last breath will be the moment all hell breaks loose.

She played nice with Alicent now, for the sake of peace. For the children. But everything the two women said to one another, it was a façade.

Aenora knew Alicent well enough to know it wasn't her. It was Otto. Alicent was easily manipulated, a pawn for her father. But they were adults now. Alicent had a choice whether to allow herself to be a pawn for men, or if she was going to decide how this plays out on her own.

Alicent held all of the power.

As Aenora has said many, many times, power does things to people that she did not like. And Alicent was weak. Power would do nasty things to her if she allowed it.

This was a game Aenora understood well.

"Yes, dear Emely, I saw. We all know what it means," Aenora said.

"The smell of war. What a nasty smell that is," Lydia sighed.

"My son will sit the Iron Throne, even if I never do. For that I promise. No matter how terrible I have to become. No matter what horrible things I must do." Aenora made this promise to herself and to her son long ago, when he was just a babe.

Emely and Lydia shared a glance before saying anything. They could hear the determination in her voice. The determination of a mother and a queen.

"And we will help you. But, you must start seeing yourself as queen, Aenora." Lydia told her.

"Lydia is right. The other maidens whisper about how the King becomes weaker as the years pass. Your reign is approaching." Emely said.

"I see myself as a daughter, a sister, and a mother. Sitting that horrendous throne is my birth right, that I can accept." Aenora looked into the mirror. "If the power eats me away, do know I did it because I had no choice."

"I'll be honest. The power will change you, but you are strong. You are strong because you have no choice. For the realm, and for our family." Emely reached for her hand.

For the realm and their family, Aenora would fight. No matter the cost.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHORS NOTE
I was having fun writing this chapter. I also changed Aeva and Aemonds ages to 14. And Aediths age to 8. BUT OMG THANK YOU GUYS FOR 400k+ READS I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY. TE QUIERO MUCHO AMIGAS Y AMIGOS🥹💕