𝒙𝒊𝒊. King's Landing

╔═════๑♡๑═════╗
CHAPTER TWELVE
╚═════๑♡๑═════╝

WITH EVERY BUMP AND MOVEMENT of the carriage, Aenora felt her heart jump

WITH EVERY BUMP AND MOVEMENT of the carriage, Aenora felt her heart jump. She didn't know why she was nervous, King's Landing was still home to her. She thought that it was because this was not her sons home. She was worried of how they would adjust to not being on Dragonstone, that was their home. She believed, even though they were only babes, that they could sense the change.

When the carriage came to a halt, Aenora took a moment to compose herself while Lydia and another maiden, Emely, readied the boys.

"Are you alright, Princess?" Emely asked.

"I am fine, thank you Emely." Aenora smiled at the brunette.

Once Aenora had built up the courage she finally stepped out of the carriage. She was met by her family, hand maidens, and guards. She was also met by with Alicent and Otto, whom she payed no mind to.

"My dearest Aenora," Viserys said as he came to greet his daughter.

She gave him a light hug and smile, "Father."

"Nora," Rhaenyra came up to the side of them.

"Nyra," Aenora wrapped her arms around her little sister. "I've missed you."

"As I have missed you," Rhaenyra said. "As well as Max and Alex," the girl said before going to get them.

"These are your sons, Aenora?" Viserys asked, happiness in his voice.

Aenora grinned before taking Jaelyx from Emely and showing him to her father, as Rhaenyra did the same with Rhaemax. Viserys looked at the boys and smiled. He was a proud father that day. His first born daughter has brought two Targaryen sons into the world.

Viserys looked to Aenora as if to ask her permission to hold him, in which she nodded.

Viserys held the boy and turned to the rest. "Rhaemax and Jaelyx Targaryen!" He exclaimed, causing the others to clap and smile.

"We should get them inside before they catch a chill," Aenora said.

Both Lydia and Emely took the boys as they all walked into the castle.

"You have beautiful children. I'm sure they will grow to be good men and even better knights, with you as their mother and Daemon as their father." Viserys told her as they walked. He hesitated before he spoke again, "Daemon is taking good care you and your sons?"

"Oh, yes, of course. He is the best father to Max and Alex, and a very good husband." Aenora told him. She realized how much she missed Daemon, even though it's only been a week since they last saw each other.

"I am happy for you and your mother would be as well. She'd also be very proud of you and your strength. Giving birth to one child is hard enough, two must've been a challenge." Viserys said.

Aenora didn't need to be assured that her mother would've been proud of her, she already knew that. She didn't like that Viserys spoke for Aemma, but she didn't let her feelings show.

"It was," Aenora paused.

"Princess, I and Emely are going to take the babes to their chambers to sleep." Lydia said.

Aenora gave her a simple nod before turning back to her father.

"You know, I gave birth the same day Otto appeared on our beaches." Aenora paused. "My water broke while I was walking down the walk way to meet him. And contractions started as I was arguing with him. I almost lost them while I was out there."

Viserys looked to the ground. He felt terrible. He did not mean for that to happen. "I am very sorry, Aenora. I don't- I don't know what to say. How can I make this up to you?" Viserys asked.

Aenora waited for her father to make eye contact with her before speaking. She wanted him to know what sending Otto had done.

"Jaelyx does not have a dragon egg. I want one for him," Aenora said.

"Syrax layed three eggs just days before you arrived. You can take your pick out of the three," Rhaenyra chimed in.

"A wonderful idea. You would accept this, Aenora?" Viserys gave his daughter a hopeful smile.

"I would," Aenora nodded as she looked at Rhaenyra. "Now, I suppose we should speak of this engagement of yours, father."

Viserys' smile faltered. He didn't know that she had heard. He was planning to tell her at the feast he had planned for her return.

"I'm sure you're tired from your travels. We can talk about this later," Viserys said.

Rhaenyra stared at her sister, wondering who had told her of fathers engagement.

"I think miss a perfect time, don't you agree Rhaenyra?" Aenora questioned.

"I agree, sister." Rhaenyra said.

All three of them took a seat at a table. Viserys did not dare to speak. He quickly figured Aenora was unhappy with his decision, just as Rhaenyra.

"Alicent Hightower, the future Queen Consort of Westeros." Aenora tapped her fingers on the wood. "I do not like how that sounds father. You do not deny my husbands ambition, yet you're choosing to be blind to your Hands. Daemon is an ambitious man, but he has never used you for his personal gain."

"What are you saying?" Visery inquired.

Aenora stared at Viserys. "You are blind yet you can see, father. Tell me, did Otto offer his daughter to you?"

"Well, no but-"

"Did she come to you?" Rhaenyra asked.

Viserys sighed, "Yes. But Otto, not his daughter, are bad people. Alicent will make a fine wife and queen."

"I do not want to see my sister supplanted if a son is to be born to Alicent," Aenora said. "And neither would mother."

"Aenora, she would not. I chose her as my heir at your request and that's how it will stay." Viserys told his eldest daughter.

"I should hope so," Aenora said. "Do not let our kingdom fall to an ambitious man's intent."

"I assure you our kingdom will be fine. But as King it is my duty to the realm to produce more heirs to strengthen this line," Viserys shifted in his seat.

Aenora knew Viserys believed this. But she could feel a shift. She felt in her heart that this was a terrible idea. No Hightower should be in such a position in her mind.

"Then I suppose there is no more to discuss," Aenora stood from her chair. "Your Grace," she said before leaving to her chambers.

Aenora did not like how Otto manipulated his father. Though she did know that Otto also somehow forced his daughter in the engagement. But that did not mean she felt bad for Alicent. She could never feel bad for her.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHORS NOTE:
lots of dialogue in this chapter. And aenora finally speaking her mind, somewhat.
thoughts?