02: Give to people in need

31 days left.

I was sitting in my bed with my tongue sticking out my mouth as I persistently tried following a tutorial on how to solve a Rubik's cube. 

I figured I might as well start now as I didn't know how long it would take for me to learn. I told Jungkook to come over later. I figured I wouldn't be able to solve the Rubik's cube the same day as I started learning it, due to my current struggle of concentrating, so I thought I might as well tick off another thing on my to do list. 

Since it was Sunday and still weekend, I decided that today I would help people in need. It was a bit more windy than yesterday, but going out in the cold in exchange of making other's warm was worth it. I'd decided to buy food and maybe a few blankets to the homeless people. 

I had invited Jungkook without telling him. I was sure he wouldn't mind, but I knew how much of a food lover he was and that he would probably try to convince me that we should eat the food instead. But he never turned me down when I asked him to do something.

"Ah fuck!" I accidentally cursed out of frustration and even though I was alone, I covered my mouth in embarrassment. The Rubik's cube just wasn't cooperating and when I tried to turn the sides, it was like it was resistant.

"So what are we doing in a grocery store? This isn't the idea of fun I got when you texted me." Jungkook deadpanned and followed me as I walked down the isles of groceries, every now and then adding things to the cart.

I didn't bother answering, focused on getting the stuff that I found essential.

"And what do you need so many fruits for?" He questioned as we so far only had passed the fruit and vegetable section and I had grabbed lots of stuff.

"An apple a day, keeps the doctor away." I stopped and turned to look at him.

"You're weird." 

I turned around again and went to the snacks section. Some crackers and gummies would definitely be appreciated.

"And what about the pears, bananas and peaches?" He spoke again catching up to me as I kept on shopping.

"Okay, so do you really want to know what we're doing today?" I questioned, having enough of his constant curious questions. I added a few snacks to the cart while waiting for his response.

"Well no, I'm just enjoying spending time with you in a grocery store." He replied sarcastically. 

I turned my head only to find a pout on his face. It was quite cute and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Okay so, you see how I'm buying way too much food for me only, right?" I gestured to the cart in front of me which was almost half full.

Jungkook nodded, waiting for me to explain further.

"I thought, why not give something to people in need?" I said, my voice rising cheery at the end. 

Jungkook wriggled his brows, consuming my words. While my best friend stood looking dumbfounded, I moved further down the snack isle and got to the pre-cooked food section.

"Wait, are you for real?" Jungkook almost ran over to me, "Are you gonna give this to the homeless shelter?"

"Well, that's a good idea too, but I want to give it to them in person."

I looked at the prices on the racks, searching for some kind of deal of 2 for 1. 

"Besides, I'm not rich enough for it to be worth donating to a homeless shelter." I said with a chuckle.