05: Catch a fish

25 days left.

Even though time moved slowly Saturday came by way too quickly. It was scary how impatient I had been for the weekend to come, because I knew Jungkook was free this whole weekend. It was scary that I had wasted so much time waiting for it to speed up.

It's a natural human habit to be bored and waiting for time to pass. But it was a terrifying habit that only made me waste my running time. All, even down to the very minute, I could've spent on something else than starring at the clock, waiting for my parents to call or waiting for Jungkook to burst into my apartment as if he lived there. So why did I just sit around waiting for time to pass?

Anyways, as said time went by slowly yet quickly and this Saturday I had convinced Jungkook to go fishing with me.

"So we went and rented these fishing rods only for us to get here and just stare at the river?" Jungkook snapped me out of my stare at the river current. It was a new habit of mine to space out, that only started showing recently.

I rolled my eyes jokingly as a reply before bending down to grab the box with bait in.

"I got confused for a second." Jungkook said and grabbed the box from me, knowing I wouldn't dare to put the slimy worms on my hook myself. And yes, I didn't want to, so I just stood observing as he did it for me.

"So how did your mother react to your new hair?" He spoke with his eyes still focused on putting the bait on both our hooks.

"The same as with my tattoo. She said she liked it. She didn't convince me." I chuckled light heartedly, "My father however didn't say anything. It might've been from the shock."

"My mother laughed over the phone, telling me I'd better not turn into some punk." He empathized and glanced at me shortly before focusing on the hook again. I too adverted my eyes to the hook, shortly wondering if he even knew what he was doing.

"I don't doubt that." I laughed, reminiscing his mother whom I hadn't seen in a long time. She lived in Busan along with Jungkook's father. His older brother also lived somewhere close in the coast city.

"I miss talking to her, when will she visit?"

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, "My father is busy with work right now and you know my mother, she doesn't go anywhere without him." Jungkook chuckled, "Plus, it's my turn to visit them, I miss hyung too."

I nodded understanding. I hadn't seen Jungkook's older brother for years. Last time I saw him, was when he helped Jungkook move to Seoul a few years back.

"She misses you too, my mother. She asks about you a lot when we're talking."

"Aw, does she still only want me as her daughter in law?" I joked, remembering how many times Jungkook's mother has told him to marry me, in front of me.

"Take it easy princess, your ego is growing." He laughed, avoiding my question but I didn't bother.

"Ironic words, coming from you." I let out a small chuckle and Jungkook joined in on that. He was certainly the one with the biggest ego here.

But how did Jungkook and I meet in high school then, if I lived in Seoul?

I grew up in Busan too but moved to Seoul for university when I got older. My parents had talked about moving to Seoul for long, so they followed. Jungkook moved to Seoul too, to pursue his career, which was very fortunate for me as I would have a hard time being long distance with my best friend.

"I told her I did it for you." He mumbled referring to his mother. His lips pursed as he was careful about not pricking himself with the hook.

I lifted my gaze from the hook to Jungkook's face. It looked like a sparkle lit in his eye and his skin suddenly seemed much smoother, his lips way redder. Why did my body grow hot, forgetting about the chilling early spring weather? Why did he seem... attractive?