09: Dancing in the rain

17 days left.

Before we headed out the studio I noticed the rain had grown heavier. The rain was pouring now, making puddles a weak word to describe the pools forming on the streets. Unfortunately we had brought no umbrellas, but Jungkook's car wasn't parked far from the studio's entrance.

I was pulling off my jacket from the peg when I remembered a thing from my to-do list that made me halt my movements.

Dance in the rain.

It'd be the perfect time.

The rain was pouring down, almost screaming at people to stay inside, but it was also irresistible for rain lovers not to go outdoor to enjoy the weather.

It was the perfect time to tick dancing in the rain off my list.

Despite my throbbing headache, I really felt inspired to enter the outdoor rain and just forget about my worries and pains as they always did in the books when they danced in the rain.

It too hadn't been raining in Seoul in a long time and I really didn't have a choice but to take advantage of the downpour, did I?

It just wouldn't be right to go home, feeling sorry for myself because of a stupid splitting headache and a mild dizziness and wait for another rain shower. Who would've known if it was me or the rain that would fall first.

Maybe this was the last time I'd see rain. Maybe this was the last time I'd be able to feel the raindrops fall on me and trickle down my face as I would feel cold and wet.

Knowing the typical weather of April, I knew that I shouldn't just go around and wait. It'd be a risk I wasn't willing to take. The to-do list was my last purpose. I had to tick off everything.

"What are you thinking?" Jungkook broke the silence.

I snapped out of my stare at the rain through the big windows. Jungkook switched his looks between me and the outdoor, trying to figure what I had been staring at.

"Oh, nothing." I shook my head lightly, putting on my jacket and zipping it.

Jungkook just pulled over the hood of his hoodie. That boy would avoid to wear a jacket as long as it wasn't needed.

I pondered if I should ask him now if he wanted to go out in the rain and dance. Maybe I should wait until we got home?

"You coming?" Jungkook questioned when he remarked that I hadn't moved.

He opened the door, letting the sound and fragrance of the rain enter the studio and reach my senses.

"Jungkook, do you wanna dance?" I asked bluntly.

The expression on his face didn't surprise me.

It was a random question.

I didn't necessarily dislike to dance, but I didn't love it either. I wasn't exactly a bad dancer, but was not good at it either.

As far as both Jungkook and I knew, I only danced when I was drunk.

Jungkook however never had trouble dancing. He'd danced when he was a kid, but stopped as he grew older and found new interests, among other things; music.

"In the rain." I added as his response was utter silence.

He cocked his head, wrinkling his brows more if even possible and on top of that, his lips fell slightly agape.

"Come on Kook, let's go have fun." I cheered enthusiastically, "Let's go dance in the rain."

I leaped over to the door where Jungkook stood and grabbed his arm, dragging him with me out the studio.