03: Go to an art museum

29 days left

It was strange to sit in my bed and listen to my teacher through zoom. It also felt strange that I hadn't seen my classmates for long. Some of them had asked why I hadn't been to school for almost two weeks. To that I simply answered that I was feeling sick. 

It was partly a lie.

I didn't feel actually sick, only mentally. The only illness I felt was tiredness and sometimes incidental pains. 

But the truth was that I was sick - even though I didn't feel like it. 

This was only my second class this week and it was Tuesday. It felt weird not being in school. Even though I hadn't been for almost two weeks, I still hadn't grown used to it. It once again reminded me of the invisible timer over my head. 

As much as students tend to hate it, I almost craved to be in school again. I just wanted to sit in the classroom, yawn while looking at the clock every minute, waiting for the class to be over. It was yet again something a lot of people took for granted. The opportunity of having a normal life.

Jungkook had been almost unreachable yesterday, supposedly very busy with his career. It may sound selfish, but it annoyed me that he was busy trying to become a well known singer when I wanted to spend every last moment with him. It sounds awful, right? I should be happy on my best friend's behalf, shouldn't I?

Believe me, I was. I was so proud of him for coming this far, working with producers and composers. I was truly proud. But it didn't make me miss him less when he was at work. Especially now that I had almost no classes.

Still, when I wasn't with Jungkook, my parents took the opportunity to spend some time with me. Yesterday we went to a restaurant for lunch and to the movies afterwards. It was nice having some family bonding time. But I'd lie if I said that I didn't feel bad for making them skip work just to hang out with me. I'd almost say I felt like a burden, even though I knew my parents prioritized me over work and did it because they loved me.

My phone in my lap suddenly started buzzing, the tingling feeling catching my attention from my laptop. 

I grabbed my phone and looked at the screen. The picture of Jungkook with ice cream on his nose lit up on my screen along with his name and a decline and accept button.

I looked at my laptop quickly, removing the cam so I could accept the call without being caught. It was one of the only perks of going to school from home.

"What are you up to?" Jungkook's shaky voice sounded through the phone. He panted as if he had run a marathon and I had to turn down the volume on my phone due to the very unpleasant noise of breathing.

"That's it, no hi or anything?" I teased, knowing that sometimes he could be very eager.

"Hi, what are you up to?"

"I'm in class Jungkook." I said with a stern voice as if it was obvious. It wasn't obvious though, because despite it being afternoon and university students would normally be in class, Jungkook knew of my reduced classes already.

"Why are you in your room then?"

I almost choked on my breath at his question. How did he know where I was? I looked around my bedroom as if he was supposed to be hiding somewhere, but as far as I knew, I locked my front door last night.

Jungkook on the other side of the phone let out a laugh as a reaction to my sudden silence.

"What, you've never heard of snap map?"