17: Missing you

Narrator POV

Flashback

The heart monitor rung a constant beep. The sound made Jungkook jump. The line that had been so reassuringly wavy was slowly fading into a straight line. The door behind Jungkook flung open, doctors rushing in the room, Mr. Park and Mrs. Park following just behind.

Everything silenced out for Jungkook.

He got pushed aside. He stumbled on his feet, finding it hard to find the balance as he just lost his. He looked around, watching doctors surround the bed, performing CPR and trying to bring his princess back to life. Your mother was trying to push through the doctors, wanting to reach for her daughter for her not to disappear. Your father tried keeping his wife back, but his strength had run out and he collapsed onto the chair behind him.

Everything was silent for Jungkook.

Was this really happening?

Were you really gone?

Two weeks later.

May 4th.

A knock sounded on Jungkook's apartment door. Taehyung paused the TV show he was watching and glanced over at Jungkook who was zoning out at the window in the kitchen and down onto the busy streets, "Are you expecting anyone?" He whispered.

Jungkook simply shook his head before leaving the combined kitchen and living room and walking to his room, closing the door behind him.

Whoever it was he didn't want to talk. He didn't care.

Some faint voices made their way through the door to Jungkook's room as Taehyung had supposedly opened the front door.

Jungkook plumped down on his bed, putting a pillow over his head to mute the voices and be in silence.

That had been his favorite thing the past few weeks. To be alone, in the darkness and in silence.

The curtains were constantly shut, his clothes laid messily on the floor and a very heavy and impure air filled the room.

He didn't bother cleaning up nor to even turn on the air purifier.

Everything had seemed meaningless lately.

The weather got better and brighter for every passing day that went by, but Jungkook only saw grey clouds. He'd skipped many lessons and work hours, rather wanting to stay hidden in his dark room. His friends had tried getting him out, but also respected his rejection each and every time.

Everything had changed since you left.

He had tried staying strong. He had tried keeping his everyday life as it was before. He had tried looking at the bright side of everything he went through, because that's what you'd want him to.

He knew if you could see him right now, you'd smile at him and tell him to cheer up. You'd tell him to not hide away for too long and to be brave. You'd tell him that he'd be okay and hold him while breathing comforting words into his ear.

But it was hard. No matter how bad he wanted to live like you would, it was impossible to stay positive and pretend as if he didn't just lose his best friend and better half.

He felt so empty. As if he had no reason in life anymore. He used to see you everyday. He used to hug you, tease you and laugh at you at least once a day. And now your face was gone forever.