12: Bake something delicious

10 days left

It was Sunday after noon and I was currently in the local grocery store after dragging Jungkook with me. All weekend I had been feeling a bit peckish, so this day I decided for Jungkook and I to bake something.

Jungkook would normally rather eat what I baked instead of baking it himself, but I convinced him to help me.

We searched for the ingredients to make cookies. I thought the choice of dessert was quite boring and simple, but Jungkook suggested we made cookie sandwiches with ice cream in between and I agreed that it would be a great idea.

As we had collected the ingredients we needed, and some ice cream, we headed to the cashier to pay.

Jungkook's apartment wasn't far from the grocery store, so we naturally walked there.

Taehyung, our mutual friend and Jungkook's roommate, was going out later in the day, and since we always were at mine, we decided to take the opportunity and go to Jungkook's. Or more like, I took the opportunity to not make a mess in my apartment and in Jungkook's instead.

On our way back from the grocery store, we passed a few other shops as usual. It wasn't new shops and I'd shopped in multiple of them already, but I couldn't help but stop and moan over a piece of jewelry that was exhibited in the window of a small jewelry boutique.

When Jungkook noticed I didn't follow him anymore he turned around to find me gaping over the beautiful necklace.

It was a beautiful thin gold chain with a very faint pink pearl pendant hanging at the center. The pearl was small and the chain didn't look too long. It would fit perfectly reposed upon my neck.

I arranged myself in front of the window and squatted a bit down to see it on my reflection.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook questioned rhetorically, finding the thing my eyes were glued on.

"Look how beautiful it is." I awed, before looking at Jungkook to search for his agreement.

Jungkook just let out a chuckle, "Princess, have you seen the price?"

I pouted at his laugh, scoffing at him.

"It's not that expensive." I spoke and gazed back at the necklace.

"150.000 won." Jungkook read out loud.

I snickered at him, ignoring his words.

"It's too expensive to buy just at a single first glance." Jungkook reasoned matter of factly.

Idiot.

"But..." He said, stealing my attention from the glowing necklace, "It's your birthday soon. Make it a wish." He encouraged.

I blinked a few times and shook my head, finding it hard to comprehend the situation.

Yeah, my birthday was coming - next month.

The problem was, next month was almost a month away. And I had 11 days.

My birthday was painfully close. If the doctors really were right about my deadline, literally, I'd die less than a month before my 23rd birthday.

Birthdays were never really special to me, just another day in life. But how would my birthday be when I was gone?

How would my parents feel? And how would my friends feel? How would they feel, reminiscing and celebrating me in heaven only a month after my passing?

"Or not?" Jungkook spoke, reading my facial expression.

I shook my head, releasing myself of the depressing thoughts and put on a quick smile, "Never mind that, it's just a piece of jewelry." I said.