10: Midnight swim

13 days left.

"Why are we going now by the way? Shouldn't we wait until summer, so it would be less freezing?" Yuna questioned from the backseat.

Jungkook turned down the radio's volume as Yuna's question was almost inaudible to the both of us seated on the front seats.

Taehyung however was in the backseat next to her and didn't have trouble hearing her question, "We're already on our way to the beach, why even care to ask now?" He responded with a question himself.

Yuna scoffed at his quick reply, the question wasn't even for him, "Well I'm sorry, I'm just curious as to why we're doing this in the beginning of April?" She asked, the question directed to the front seat where Jungkook and I sat.

I had convinced Jungkook to go midnight swimming and for us to invite our closest friends, Taehyung, Jimin, Haehyeon and Yuna.

Jimin and Haehyeon were driving together in Jimin's car as both of them lived near each other. It was a given Jungkook, Taehyung and I drove together as the two boys live together and I was at their place before we went. Yuna lived just a few blocks away from Taehyung and Jungkook's apartment complex.

I turned in my seat to face Taehyung and Yuna, "Well, why not do it now?" I dared.

"It's cold, that's why." Yuna reasoned. I knew she was right, but I didn't have time to wait.

It was as if Taehyung could read my thoughts or my expression as he directed to Yuna, "You're such a party pooper, I think it sounds fun!" He spoke enthusiastically.

"Hey!" Yuna nudged Taehyung's shoulder harshly, making him wince, "Don't make me the bad guy! I'm just being reasonable." She huffed.

"Sure you are, can we drop her off?" Taehyung grabbed the headrest of the seat in front of him, which Jungkook was sitting in.

"Hey!" Yuna exclaimed, nudging him again.

"Let's drop you off instead, shouldn't we?" I joked, interfering with the argument.

Taehyung looked at me with a shocked expression, grabbing his chest as if it hurt his heart, "I stuck up for you and now you're taking her side?"

"Girl's gotta stick together." I replied simply.

"Way to go Y/n, let's drop Tae off." Yuna cheered, tapping Jungkook lightly on the shoulder.

Jungkook glanced at me with a smirk shortly before focusing back on the road and slowed down the vehicle.

Yuna and I only got to smile victoriously, before Jungkook spoke, "I'm with Tae on this one."

Both Yuna and I gasped, while Taehyung gloated victoriously.

Of course we didn't drop anybody off, we were only joking. But Yuna and I were left sulking as losers in the argument, only because of Jungkook's cursed willingness to drive us everywhere.

Not long after, we arrived at the lake. I wished we could've gone to the sea, but the coast was too far to drive at night.

Jimin and Haehyeon were already there waiting for us inside the car when we arrived.

"Finally, took you long enough." Jimin spoke as he exited the vehicle, smacking the door behind him with a jokingly manner.

Haehyeon exited the car on the other side too, "Jimin we arrived only 5 minutes ago." She added, exposing Jimin.

"Jimin, I thought you always bragged about how you didn't lie?" Yuna dared as we all got closer, greeting each other.

"I never lied. I just admitted to the fact that Jungkook is a slow driver."