14: Eat at a 5☆ restaurant

6 days left.

Exiting the limousine with Jungkook following behind me felt totally off. The attention from everyone passing by made me feel a strange uneasiness. The fact that I was just dropped off by a way too expensive car with way too much space for only Jungkook and I made me feel strange too.

Tonight Jungkook and I were going to a 5 star restaurant.

The look on Jungkook's face when a limousine had come to pick us up at my apartment was beyond description - and so was mine.

I had told my parents with firmness that I would not accept them renting a limousine only to drive Jungkook and I down to the restaurant, that was located only 30 minutes away from my apartment.

It would be embarrassing of some kind and draw too much attention from others. I wanted this to be just a normal date - despite us going to an expensive 5 star restaurant.

But my parents had already decided. They wouldn't take no for an answer. They were determined to make what they called my childhood dream to ride a limousine come true.

I was against it because of the expense. It was already costly enough for the restaurant part, which my parents had insisted on paying, a stupid 30 minutes ride would be excessive. But they again insisted, saying that it would be my 23rd birthday gift.

I gave up trying to change their minds then. It must've been hard for them to know that I wasn't gonna be present for my birthday. So I let them.

But I still wasn't ready when the black, long Maybach pulled up in front of my apartment complex.

"I still don't get why your parents did that. Did they win the lottery?" Jungkook joked as we followed the kind waiter who led us to our table.

"Don't even ask, I'm not sure what got into their heads." I laughed.

The waiter gestured to a table with two leather chairs and a clean dark wooden table. The restaurant was mainly designed in a dark tone, which made the atmosphere much more intense but also more cozy. The floor was a dark wood and matched the tables. The dim lights in the ceilings made the restaurant seem more romantic.

I grabbed the back of my chair but Jungkook was quick to nudge away my hand. He then pulled out my chair nonchalantly, gesturing me to get seated.

"So chivalry." I said with a smile before sitting down.

"I try." Jungkook said, slowly pushing the chair in so I was seated well in front of the table.

I observed him as he made his way to his own chair and seated. I couldn't help but smile at his gesture. The rich atmosphere certainly made him act as a proper gentleman.

As he sat down and his eyes found mine, I quickly looked away. I skimmed the restaurant, feeling a sudden uneasiness in my stomach. We sat almost in the middle of the restaurant and I noticed some of the people around us wore watches that looked expensive and some women had a designer bag next them.

I shifted in my chair, trying to find a right position to sit in. But it all felt off. I knew I wrote this on my to-do list myself, but it felt so wrong for Jungkook and I to be in such a classy restaurant.

Here we were in almost our everyday clothes, only a tie on Jungkook and a few more jewelry on me to match the restaurant. But I felt so out of place. As if I didn't belong.

"Princess, relax." Jungkook voiced, noticing my tense position and flickering eyes. I loosened my eyes off of other people and focused back on Jungkook. He'd tilted his head slightly as he always did when he felt I was nervous.