Mothers Attention

Ok remember this is a AU universe and things are different but not completely different just maybe people's pride are higher and fear.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Time skip a few hours)

In a different hospital room laid Storm in a bed unmoving, a ever repeating beep was all that could be heard in the room.

Gaps in the dull grey curtains let in light that stood out like a sore thumb in the dark room that seemed to have the darkest of blacks at the corners, the light illuminated the room partially showing the floor to be made of polished stone that gleamed in the lime limelight, this rare scene of peace and tranquillity was interrupted by the sliding door opening revealing Beast coming in to check up on Storm.

"Ok old friend when will you wake up?"

He looked at a tablet on the side that showed the medical of Storm's condition only to see an increase in heartbeat and her breathing no longer in a rest pattern.

"Agh, where am I?"

Beast looked towards Storm noticing her now awake and getting up.

"oh my goodness Storm what are you doing"

He rushed and helped her balance up.

"I don't need your help Beast I am fine, it ain't like I gave birth" she smirked at him only to it drop immediately and start questioning him.

"Where is my child? Where is he?!" She shouted 

"Storm please calm down you have been out for a few days and your son is fine and healthy"

He tried calming her down and brought her to Raiden but she didn't know what his name was yet.

They left the room and went down the corridor after Storm got dressed in her normal clothing to a room that's door seemed to be a nursery.

"Ok before we enter I have to tell you something about Thor and him meeting the baby"

"I know he was here, but he agreed he wouldn't be a part of the baby's life"

"Well he has decided he will be and with his first act with your son was not only name him Raiden Munroe Thorson as you know"

Storm got a thoughtful expression as she put her hand to her chin and then nodded her head back and forth.

"I like it maybe a bit on the nose but it's nice"

Beast allowed her to talk before continuing what he was saying.

"When leaving he might have put him in danger by how close he used the Bifrost to Raiden but luckily he's fin-"

Ororo completely ignored the rest and rushed into the room in search of her son but when looking around she found a confusing sight that was Rogue making weird noises and seemed to be making weird faces into a cot.

"Ahhh does Raiden want pickie-ups, come here" Rogue said in a baby voice.

She put her hands in the cot and pulled out a giggling baby that was reaching out to grab her face.

"ah ba goo gah heh heh heh" The baby Raiden made noises accompanied by a wave of infectious giggling.

The scene in front of Ororo stirred something inside of her and made her feel anger but for some reason mostly at Raiden, but she shook that off as it was stupid.

"Ahem!" Ororo interrupted catching Rogue's attention.

"Storm it isn't what it looks like, I was in, I wassssss just testing a theory if baby's we're heavy and I found out they are"

When she said this she put down Raiden making him cry.

Storm walked forward and picked Raiden up as Rogue backed up from them both with a face of shame and longing.

"So you're my baby, you have my complexion and hair but with your father's dashing looks and bright blue eyes"

She continued to look at him smiling as she then hugged his right hand and fell to the floor, droplets of water fell on the floor underneath Storm as she started to sob in the baby.

"I have family, I have a real family!"

Beast visibly relaxed as he thought that there was nothing to worry about, he left the room beckoning Rogue to follow but her attention was on the mother on the floor.

'What am I feeling? And why is it that when I look at Storm embracing her child I have the urge to burst into tears'

A hand grabs her shirt and lightly pulls her as she looks towards the origin seeing Beast.

"We should leave them alone for now, I mean you must understand what she is feeling right now holding her baby for the first time but moreover looking at the remaining family she has"

Rogue went into a daze and unfocused on everything as she followed him out and ignored his attempts to talk and just continued walking until she got into her room and sat down on her bed.

"I don't understand!" She flipped a switch and got extremely angry and started to destroy her room.

"I can't understand!" She moved towards her desk and super it all off and then flipped the desk itself.

"I will never understand!" She ripped out her cupboards and drawers and threw clothes everywhere.

"I wish I could understand!" She grabbed her weights and threw them into a wall damaging it. 

"I-i" She got stuck on a sentence and then collapsed on top of her destroyed room.

"I want a child" She shook as tears started to fall down her face silently, the room was completely silent other than the sniffs of Rogue's nose as she broke down on the floor.

"Why, what did I ever do so wrong to deserve this punishment"

(Flashback)

Rogue is sitting in the infirmary with Gambit, rogue was holding her stomach with a worried expression bit surprisingly Gambit looked bored.

A doctor opened the doors with a grim face as he stood in front of Rogue and as he looked into her eyes he bowed his head and spoke.

"I am sorry to tell you that the feeling you felt earlier concerning your powers was you…"

"Was what doctor?" Rogue asked him

He signed as he straightened his back and spoke.

"Were you absorbing the life force of your baby to the point of death killing it, so I am sorry to inform you that you have had a miscarriage"

(End flashback)

 As she repeated the phrase in her head "absorbing the life force of your baby to the point of death killing it" and started to bang her head to the ground, a knock on her door was heard and then an attempt to open the door but it was locked by the flipped desk.

Kitty then phased through the door and del and was shocked at the condition of the room and then rushed to Rogue's side and checked up on her.

"Rogue, Rogue! Are you alright?"

She looked towards Kitty and wanted to jump on her to hug her but couldn't and so burst into more tears.