Fame and Fortune

It had only been a few weeks before the name "Cipher" had spread all over Japan and had become a top dog in the support industry. They were announced as the main supplier for the bureau and the Hero Association. They were on the news and all over the papers. One would think such a feat was impossible, but the quality and price of their products were so loved that it was only a matter of time before Cipher became a star industry. Science had yet to find a way to create something capable of the marvels that Bill had created.

Their technology had increased to power and usage of quirks while helping those with quirks that are unstable to their body, stabilize. It was an absolute miracle, and that made them a target. Cipher's inventions were on a fast track to saving the world (much to Izuku's delight). Cipher had surpassed the top support companies and even replaced them as the number one inventor. Unfortunately, all this fame put a huge target on their back. But Izuku wasn't worried anymore. Last he counted, Bill's body count was thirty-one, and all of them were villains or assassins who had tried to kill them. Izuku wasn't happy about there being dead bodies in the basement, so Bill made sure to keep all the blood in the hidden room. But on the bright side, a few of them had some cool quirks that Izuku had gotten to analyze and Bill took a couple that interested them. All of which was information used to create more products based on their notes.

Bill now had a computer and phone inside the mansion's main office in the castle that they used to answer the calls and requests of new customers. The AI robots Bill had set up in the store were starting to have trouble keeping up with the increase in work, so Izuku came up with a new use for them. They would use the robots to help raise the production rate of Bill's technology and hire some people to man the shop. Izuku wanted to be nice about it and make sure that eighty percent of the job openings were for anyone.

Kids in college or high school could get a position in customer service, cleaning, restocking, and other spots. Adults were given more options that paired well with whatever experience they might have, and the elderly were given positions that paired well with their needs. Insurance was offered to employees, along with promotions and raises to those who deserved it (Bill would be the one to decide who got what), and pay was entirely performance-based. Everyone would start with the minimum wage for their position and would increase to whatever Bill wanted for them. Izuku knew that Bill would make sure they earned their pay and punish anyone who didn't do their jobs. Yet another amazing plan from the precious Green Bunny.

Things were going amazingly well after that decision was made. Lots of applications were sent in that Bill had to rummage through. Izuku decided to take over Bill's work while they sifted through papers with what he had learned from them. Bill would come to check on Izuku's work every once in a while to see if he was doing it right, and to their surprise, he was. Bill decided to make Izuku their secret secretary whenever they had too much work on their hands. He was good at analyzing and planning, so they left Izuku to do all the important paperwork while they finished working through the never-ending calls, emails, and job applications.

By the end of the day, all of the positions they need were filled and all of the paperwork was done. Bill got up and stretched out their sore muscles, their back letting out a few satisfying pops. They came to check on Izuku one last time, letting out a deep yawn that showed their exhaustion, and saw him working on the very last paper. Bill was definitely impressed. They really did pick the right body to possess. "Good work, kid. I'm gonna get ready for bed, head to the dreamscape when you're done. You need rest too," Bill told him, ruffling his hair. Petting a ghost was a weird feeling. It was easier in the mindscape because they were on the same dimensional plane there, but out here it felt like they were petting a cloud. And the only reason Bill could feel him at all was the mere fact that they were a demon.

Izuku smiled softly as he placed his hand on the spot where Bill had petted him. A warm fuzzy feeling bubbled in his non-existent chest. He liked it when Bill did that, it always calmed him down. It had been so long since someone had given him kindness, and even longer since he was given some sort of praise. Izuku wanted to cry again but willed his tears away, not wanting to ruin the paperwork. He forced himself to get back to work and finish as quickly and efficiently as he could so he could get to the dreamscape. Even if ghosts didn't need sleep, he really wanted to hang out with Bill right now.