Revenge

Dipper wasn't just mad, he was outraged.

Go figure that he would get distracted and ruin the plan again! This is Weirdmagedon all over again! He started thinking Izuku was a threat, and now his sister is gone. And the worst part of this whole thing? It took him two whole days to even notice she was gone! How had he not noticed sooner? She sleeps just across from him, she stays by his side, and she is always talking (asking, pleading, begging for it to stop-) but suddenly she went quiet and he didn't even ask why.

When he finally came back to camp, he saw the signs of a scuffle and panicked. His computer was wiped clean, his notes stolen, his sister gone, and a note was lying on her desk where her journal should have been. Bill not only kidnapped Mabel, but he even had the gall to brag about it. He didn't even read the note. He saw the words "Pine Tree" and stormed out of the tent, gun in hand. Laws be damned, he was going to save his sister from that demon.

And in his rage, he failed to read the warning that Bill left him.

. . .

Mabel was carefully dining on her favorite meal: a three-meat pizza fresh from the stone oven. It was a god-tier pizza and blasted away all her expectations. She was having the time of her life, right up until a shiver went up her spine and a small headache tickled her temples. Her sibling senses were tingling. Dipper was about to do something stupid and she had to stop him. But... didn't Bill tell her he would take care of it? But what if Izuku got hurt? Sure he's a ghost but that gun can send anything it touches into The Void. And from what little she knows of the empty nothingness, it's a prison dimension that not even Bill deserves- much less that poor little baby.

If Bill was trying to antagonize Dipper, then that meant he was focusing attention on himself, forcing Dipper to pay attention to him and not Izuku. It's kind of sad, really. Dipper did that many times for her too when they were younger, but now he won't even look in her direction. And she doesn't know why. She tried to be better, she tried to be kind, patient, and calm- but none of it worked. Dipper was so obsessed over something that ended a long time ago that he abandoned the future that was waiting for him. Sure she had nightmares of those days too, and the trauma still lingered, but she was moving on. Dipper wasn't. He didn't want to move on. He wanted revenge on someone whom had long given up on his wicked ways.

Only now, after she had been separated from him once more did he finally start worrying about her. Only now, after he had lost her did he start to care. Maybe it was best for her to pack her things and leave. She gave Dipper a million chances to turn around and go home, to forget this whole thing and live his life, to grow up and get some help, but he chose violence. She can't run back to him anymore. Not when he's like this. Not when he's so cruel. Mabel finally began to understand what Bill meant when he said "I know how he's been treating you." Bill was trying to warn her of her brother's madness. And, as much as she wanted to hold him in her arms and tell him it was going to be okay, she just couldn't. She was going to back off, for good this time.

"Excuse me, Miss, I need to speak with Bill, please."

. . .

"Thank you for everything, Bill, but I think I want to go back home now," she told him. Bill tilted their head in curiosity at the bleak look in her eyes. "You aren't going to wait for Pine Tree?" they asked. Mabel shook her head, "I have waited for him long enough. You were right, and I should have left much sooner. Hopefully, he'll follow me when he's ready to stop fighting this meaningless war, but I just can't stay here any longer. I want to go back to my family," she solemnly replied. Bill understood. How could they not? Their brother did the same thing after they fought, so Bill can understand her feelings. "Well, can I get any information on Pine Tree before you go and pack your belongings?" She nodded and told Bill everything.