New Beginnings

Shouta Aizawa wasn't sure how to react.

This girl came out of a strange portal (which he would have suspected was the League if not for the color and unknown party) claiming that she was the brother of this villain. Now, he wasn't going to say she was at fault for this, in fact, he pitied her. It wasn't uncommon for relatives of known villains to be treated poorly for their connection to said villain, and he knew that she would blame herself for his actions, which was completely illogical, but understandable regardless. She blamed herself for not being there when he needed her, but he didn't believe that was truly the case, so he decided to ask.

"Do you honestly believe that he would have been any different if you had stayed?"

And of course, she did. Why wouldn't she? She was still his family, after all. It was just sad to see how much she blamed herself, despite her statement about his previous actions proving further how wrong she was. "Listen, ma'am, I don't believe that was the case. You said you tried to convince him to stop, right?" she nodded, "Then how are you at fault if he is the one who chose not to listen to you? He made his choice long before you ran away. Just be glad you left when you did, or you would have been charged with accomplice to murder." She hung her head, tears pricking at her eyes. "What is your name?" he asked. She sniffled, but responded in a hoarse voice, "Mabel Pines." Shouta nodded, "Well, Miss Pines, I appreciate your efforts to stop this but trust me when I say that you did a good thing. You tried your best to help, and you did as much as you could, but you can leave the rest to us now. It's a hero's job to keep the peace, so let us take it from here, alright?" she hesitated but nodded.

He returned her to the party of what looked like her family and friends, and they all comforted her as best they could. She was going to need the support. Her brother was going to jail, and she had to choose whether or not she would still associate herself with him. She looked like the caring type, so there's no doubt she would at least try to visit. "I'm not going to tell you to give up on him entirely, but you should at least try to live your own life from now on. This is his problem to deal with, so don't let him hold you back from bettering yourself." He looked to the group holding her, "Take good care of her." They nodded and looked back on the carnage of the battle.

Bill was holding a shadow-covered Izuku in his arms, the black mist swirling around him as he faded in and out of existence. Bill's expression was stuck somewhere between panic and confusion. Like he could tell there was something amiss, but he couldn't tell what. Shouta walked over to him and looked at the small figure in his arms. He looked up at Shouta, confusion turning into shock and then realization. It was the realization that, yes, we can see him too. They couldn't see him before now, but whatever the void did to him made him more visible, real, and alive. Bill's shoulders relaxed and then hunched as he held Izuku closer to his chest. He stood up and hugged the ghost close to him and ran back inside, completely ignoring the still-shaken group of people watching the ordeal and the gathering civilians who heard the commotion.

Bill was on a mission, and nobody was going to get in his way.

. . .

Stanford Pines couldn't believe it.

Bill Cipher was actually scared. The demon had never shown any consideration for anyone but himself, so it was shocking to see him grip that child like it was his own. Mabel already informed them of Izuku and his feats. He didn't want to believe that it was true and that maybe Bill had fooled them into believing that lie. But now, seeing the dream demon run into the mansion like the kid was about to disappear was all the proof he needed to prove how right she was. Izuku really did change him. And now it actually hurt to see that expression on his face. Worry, grief, terror, panic, and true genuine fear.