Interview with a Cockatoo.

Bill was sitting on a chair next to a yellow-haired man in a leather outfit with a loudspeaker around his neck. The two were facing a white rat-bear chimera with a stoic smile. Hundreds of people who looked like they were ready to party, had already filled every seat in the stadium. Cameras were set, lights were shining, microphones were tested and everything was ready to go. Bill ignored the loud and annoying cheers of the crowd in favor of the excited squeals of Izuku, who was fanboying over the two people on the stage with them.

The loud blonde next to them was Hizashi Yamada, aka Present Mic. His yellow shades glinted as he spun around in his office chair. Bill's first impression of the man was how annoying he was. He introduced himself to the crowd he received silence in return, much to Bill's amusement and Izuku's disappointment. And to further add to their amusement, the crowd went wild when Bill was introduced. Izuku was now pouting about how rude all these people were and how they should respect him because he is actually a pretty good hero. Present Mic had a radio show called 'Put Your Hands Up Radio', which was a police joke that Bill was somewhat fond of- they were glad this human had a sense of humor. Present Mic openly mocked other heroes who were doing things a hero shouldn't do and stupidly handed out information on them, which Bill and Izuku used quite often.

The reason they were here was that Present Mic wanted to congratulate Cipher on their success in the past month. Bill was hesitant at first, but Izuku had convinced them by pointing out how much easier it would be to get into UA- the number one hero school- if they said that they wanted to be heroes. And if they used Izuku's script about 'why they want to be a hero', they would get in without a single problem. They might even get recommended! It was a very convincing statement... if Bill hadn't realized Izuku had actually tricked them into getting close enough to the pro for him to fanboy over them. Bill wasn't sure how to feel about that. On one hand, Izuku had managed to trick Bill- of all people- into doing something they didn't want to do, which made them proud as fuck. But on the other hand, the fact that Izuku actually tricked them at all was still annoying.

Izuku was still right about this meeting, though. Just because he had a chance to finally see the hero up close didn't mean that this trip was fruitless. This is why he would be excused- just this once- as long as he got some interesting information on the hero. Izuku agreed to the deal (his first deal, oh Bill was so happy) and was now phasing through the hero repeatedly as he inspected every little piece of the man's quirk. Why didn't they do this sooner? Oh, right. Torturing people is funny.

"So, Mr. Cipher, could you enlighten us on your inspiration for all of your amazing support gear?" Mic asked with a bit too much enthusiasm. If it wasn't for Izuku attempting to swat the man for being too loud, Bill would have struggled to keep their magic under control. Ah, what would they do without their Green Bunny? 'Suffer, that's what,' Bill thought to themselves, covering up their annoyance with a calm smile. "Well, my energetic fellow, my main inspiration was a quirkless kid I used to know. You see, he wanted nothing more than to be a hero, and because we were friends I wanted to help him with his dream. But not everyone was like that. My first few inventions were small tools made for defense and healing because of how many people bullied him for his dream. It's because of this that I noticed how unfair it was that quirkless people were discriminated against for something they can't control."

They paused to see if the hero was listening, and to their surprise, everyone there was listening intently. So they took that as a sign to continue. "But, the only thing I could do for them at the time was to make a button that calls the police or any nearby heroes," Bill said, laughing softly at their little lie. "I still think about these people and how much they remind me of him. That just because they were born quirkless, some people will label them as vindictive, useless, or even trash for absolutely no reason, over and over again. And they can't even defend themselves, because they will get hurt even worse if they do. And stars help them if they try to protect someone. They'll get punished for 'starting fights' when they were just trying to be a good person. Now, how cruel is that? They aren't even allowed to be human because of the opinions of those with their oh-so-special quirks. And people wonder why there are so many villains these days," Bill told them, mumbling the last bit to themself.