Back to School

Good golly, I'm finally back. Okay, so writer's block is a lot harder than I imagined it to be. Thank the stars for Tumblr or I would have never figured out how to get over it. Honestly, there are so many writers and authors on there with such amazing advice. Outlines, chapter names, and story framing is apparently the key to good writing. I've also been reading the stories of other authors and it inspires me to keep going. Thank you all for being so patient and kind about this.

Here we go!

----------------------------------------------

It had been two weeks since the attack at the USJ, and Izuku was glad to be back. Lots of people from their class had sent them get-well-soon cards and gifts, which was a bit awkward for Bill, but still appreciated nonetheless. After the attack, Bill's brother- Tad Strange- had come to visit them. Izuku had opted not to tell Tad about their plan for world domination considering his reaction to Bill's last few plans, which Bill also opted not to do for that same reason. The blue square demon had been freed from his animal prison some time ago and loved Izuku about as much as Bill had expected him to which is to say that Tad utterly adored the ghost child. It was hard not to, really. There weren't many who could resist the baby's cuteness and blindingly bright smile, and those who could still hold a slight favoritism towards him- not that they would let it show.

That being said, it was a strange sight to witness when the possessed plushie bounced around on Bill's shoulder as soon as they entered UA's gates. Those in class 1-A who knew about Izuku gushed over his excitement. Bill let it happen because they knew very well that their classmates wouldn't calm down for a while, just like the few demons they introduced him to. It was an odd feeling watching a small group of actual soul-eating, blood-sucking demons spoil the little technically six-year-old ghost of an eight-year-old child like one of their own grandchildren. Whatever their reason was for acting like grandparents, it made Bill ever-so-slightly jealous and they vowed to spoil Izuku further to make sure that they remained his favorite demon. No one was allowed to be better than Bill at anything... no one but Izuku. Bill was still a bit proud of that one time Izuku managed to trick him into going on TV, and they occasionally allowed Izuku to 'trick' them every now and again so he could fanboy over some stupid hero. It counts as spoiling, right? Well, it makes the kid happy, so yeah, it counts.

But back to the subject at hand, Bill was now standing in front of the classroom door with an anxious-excited Izuku on his shoulder like a pet parrot waiting for a treat. It was moments like this that Bill lived for, these tiny moments of overwhelming joy from his favorite human. "You ready, kid?" they whispered softly. Izuku nodded furiously and gently tugged Bill's hair to urge them forward. "C'mon, let's go! I can't wait to see their faces when they look at their hero!" he cheered. Bill chuckled softly and opened the door to many surprised faces. It didn't take long for their shock to wear off and Momo was the first to tackle him in a hug. "Oh, Cipher-san you're back! We were all so worried, I'm so glad you're alright. You are feeling alright, aren't you? No injuries? No pain? No-" Bill shushed her with a hand to the face. "I'm fine. Nothing broken, nothing bruised, and no pains. Calm down." Momo sighed in relief, her shoulders finally relaxing before straitening up again. "Good. NOW, DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN! Do you have any idea how terrified we all were when that portal closed and you weren't there?! We thought you died! I know you're strong, Cipher-san, but that does not give you an excuse to put your life in danger like that!" she lectured, barely noticing the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes.

Bill apologized and promised that they hadn't meant to worry them all and that they hadn't intended to leave them on purpose, which was technically true. Izuku was the one that convinced them with that crazy plan of his. Speaking of the child, everyone was asking how he was doing, worried about how scared he probably was from all those scary villains. Izuku told them that he wasn't too scared of anyone aside from the leader and that 'Nomu' thing. Izuku was just a bit stressed out from it all, but he had plenty of time to calm down and rest with the two-week break everyone was given. They were relieved a bit and proud of how brave he was, but were still slightly worried. Luckily, Aizawa chose that moment to walk in and get everyone to relax and sit down.