Interference

Dipper was determined.

Mabel knew this, she always had. Every time some strange new creature showed itself, he was determined to understand it. When some new mystery appeared, he wanted to know everything about it. When Bill first made an appearance, he wanted answers. When Gravity Falls was taken over and destroyed, he was the first to plan a counterattack. When Bill was at his strongest, he was determined to take him down. Oh, and how proud Mabel was when he did. He uncovered every secret, solved every mystery, and saved the world. What was there not to be proud of?

But now, she feels like a failure.

She should have seen the signs, she should have stopped him sooner. She could have stopped this all from happening if she had just pushed a little harder, but it's too late now. It's too late to stop the invasion of demons, the wrath of a true demon. Only now, does she finally understand the hell her weakness unleashed. Weirdmagedon was just the beginning, a tiny taste of Bill's true power. And when Bill challenged Dipper to fight him? A game. But this wasn't a game anymore. Bill wasn't holding back.

Izuku was gone, and Bill was out for blood.

. . .

How did this happen?

How could they have been so ignorant?

Why did they let this happen?

That's right. Today was the day that Dipper promised to leave.

Promise.

What a useless word.

Only one human had kept their promise, and that human was gone now.

The Void.

The gun.

They can still save him.

.

.

.

~ ~ ~ Flashback ~ ~ ~

Bill and Izuku were leaving school for the day. Izuku's newly made robotic body was finally finished and it was as realistic as it was going to get. The plushie was great and all, but Izuku really wanted to help out more. And this technically counted as support gear, despite it being for his favorite sidekick. But now that Izuku was all taken care of, It was time for Bill to upgrade their own hero suit. The cocky blonde from 1-B gave them some neat ideas to try. One of which was the canisters on his hip that are essentially an extension of his quirk. They basically hold onto the different quirks he copied so he can switch between them whenever. Bill decided to do something along those lines but with a pocket watch. They would make it so he could shift the gears to decide what quirk they wanted to steal and when. A timer would go off to indicate their time limit that way they could switch quirks. They made it a silent buzz so it didn't alert the villains of their weakness, but strong enough to make sure he noticed even in the heat of battle.

After completing the watch, they did a test run by shoving the remaining quirks they had in their arsenal straight into the pocket watch. The gears began to turn as the clock started to tick. Bill used a blue flame quirk, accurately named "cremation". They got this quirk a while back from a villain who tried to steal one of their products that help with heat control. It was a powerful quirk, owned by a powerful villain. Sadly, the villain hadn't realized just how powerful it was and resolved to be a simple informant. This act of thievery was his first real act of villainy, and also his last.

The blue flames looked exactly like their soul flames, but more real and visible. Though, Bill found it interesting that the temperature didn't seem to affect them any. The previous host didn't have such luxury, if those burn scars along his face and arms were anything to go by. Fortunately, the lack of warmth on Bill's palm did not apply to the test dummy in front of them. The fabric and cotton were reduced to ash, and the metal pole that it perched upon melted into molten iron. It seemed that Bill's immunity to fire nullified the drawback to this quirk.