Training

Bill was "training" to hold and use more quirks at a time. When All Might found out that Bill could only hold five quirks at a time- or so Izuku said- he seemed a bit relieved. Izuku already knew why, but held back his laughter for the sake of Bill's cover. That being said, they were borrowing the quirks and strength of five teachers, not including All Might, who agreed to help with their training. It was a unanimous vote that All Might's quirk was "too much power" for Bill. Now Bill was borrowing some of the teacher's quirks (with their consent of course) and training to hold them as long as they could while using them to the best of their abilities. At first, Bill was confident in their abilities until they realized that the strength of the quirks they take varies and that the stronger the quirk, the harder it is to hold, let alone control. Perhaps it was a good idea to not take All Might's quirk after all.

While Bill was taking on this unexpected challenge (they blamed the USJ for their struggles), Izuku was discreetly slipping in and out of the minds of the teachers, looking at the quirks and functions of everyone in the area and memorizing the ins and outs of all of them without their knowledge. Izuku stayed in Toshinori's mind for a few extra minutes due to a slight interference he hadn't noticed the last time. Only now did he realize how the memories that were locked the last time he came were completely inaccessible. It wasn't All Might who was locking them away, it was his quirk. And when Izuku tried to tap into the locks, loud voices yelled out in protest... voices that weren't his own. The giant oaf had people in his head that he didn't even know were there, people that were protecting him. Though there were a few who weakened the locks a bit out of spite for his actions against Izuku, there were others who were concerned more about the secret than All Might himself, which Izuku understood.

So, out of respect for the voices' requests rather than All Might, he let the memories be. The voices seemed to whisper their thanks before disappearing into the shadows of his mind once more. Leaving All Might's mind, he sensed another familiar pang in the mindscape. Dipper was back and neither the ghost nor the demon liked it. Izuku sighed and resigned himself to yet another troublesome conversation with the traitor. 'I'll be back soon, Bill-chan. Do your best!' Izuku said. Bill nodded as they watched their best friend disappear once more. Bill could feel how the last interaction went and was a bit impressed. Dipper was here in this world, but Izuku had managed to scare him into silence for a little bit. Bill hoped that Izuku could handle this on his own but silently promised to help if things got out of hand.

. . .

Once again, Izuku traversed through the forest, this time leaving a bunch of pictures on the walls for his nightmares to see. The pictures were of Dipper and Mabel, which helped the inner demons identify what the intruders looked like. It was a wanted poster of the two and they were ecstatic to hear that they had some potential prey to torment. Izuku, pleased with their reactions, left the safety of the lab in their capable hands to see what Dipper wanted this time.

He went to check on the web to see if he needed to distract Dipper again, but much to his surprise, the thoughts were actually about him! They were a bunch of theories and what-ifs that all revolved around Izuku and what he was trying to say. It was almost laughable how anxious Dipper was. Izuku scouted the area for any whispers of Bill before deciding to leave the nest. He once again followed the path to the shack, the wind- oddly enough- guiding him there this time. Dipper was scared, yes, but he was also curious. Curious enough to set aside his fears and talk to Izuku.

He climbed the ladder to the attic and came face to face with a very much awake adult Dipper. His eyes were full of determination, despite the aching fear in his soul. Izuku gave him the same blank stare as he did last time, with just a slight hint of disappointment. "I need to talk to you," Dipper demanded. Izuku raised a brow, "Yes I can tell. Now, what is so important that you blatantly ignored my advice?" Izuku spat, not even trying to hide the venom in his voice. Dipper hesitated for a moment puffing his chest up in a pitiful act of confidence. "It's about what you said last time. I don't fully understand what you meant, but I'm more concerned about-" "My relationship with your worst nightmare? We know each other, why?" Dipper stepped back in surprise. He gulped- though Izuku wondered how or why someone would need to do that here- and took a shaky breath. "Yes. You said he wasn't the same person I knew... but how do you know that? How do you know him?" he asked in a hushed tone.