Sports Festival (Finale)

(Author POV)

1 slipped inside the unguarded window a little too easily. It was strange how Bill didn't have a security system, despite being so cautious about everything after the incident. Or maybe he did, and it was just very well hidden. Whatever the reason, there didn't seem to be anyone around, so snooping was possible for now, but they'd have to be cautious and aware of everything. Sensing no danger, 1 walked through the empty halls. A royal red-colored passageway, beautifully decorated with a golden design. 1 didn't take Bill for a swirl type of guy, though there were tiny crowns here and there that made it more fitting.

The first room 1 encountered was a fancy office full of papers and files. Sifting through them, it was apparent that they all had to do with Bill's company. A businessman till the end, huh? Not surprising for him. Application papers for people with quirks that had very little to do with their role were all approved. You'd think the girl with a spider quirk would be a wardrobe worker who helps people find the right gear, but nope! She was in customer service. And then there's that quirkless high-school girl in the daycare. Looks like Bill was planning to create a positive influence on quirkless people for the younger generations. How clever. There was also a girl with a lizard quirk who was taking stock.

The managers had what society nowadays would label "villainous" quirks. Kishi Daisuke had a shadow quirk that let him create shadow creatures, but the creatures themselves were always unsettling in some way or another. They helped him keep an eye on the workers and move heavier objects that others had trouble with, so he was in charge of the team. The shadow beasts, while very grotesque, were a great help. The customer service manager was a woman named Sazama Masami with a reptile quirk that gave her scales and horns. She was usually referred to as a devil (how ironic) for having curved horns, but she was very patient with the customers as most were too busy with their product to care about appearances. And lastly, the manager of the engineering and IT department. Yamasaki Chioko had a mind-reading quirk that helped him figure out exactly what was going on with his coworkers, customers, and fellow managers. The quirk itself was bothersome, as it could not be turned off, but it definitely helped in his field.

Aside from those three special snowflakes, most of the workers were ones who got rejected or fired by other companies for their quirk or lack thereof. Stupid reasons, mainly, but most were just biased claims that made the poor souls into scapegoats. 1 decided that there was nothing else of any importance here aside from the countless papers stacked in organized piles that they wouldn't bother going through. So with a few pictures of company plans and purchase lists, they left to explore the rest of the house.

However, it seems they spent too much time in the office; because the last thing 1 saw before everything turned to black, was a silver-eyed butler in a fancy suit.

. . .

The final matches were the most exciting part of the whole festival.

Bill went fairly easy on Shoka. They decided that, for the sake of forgiveness, they'd have mercy on Shoka and use their own powers this time. However, they knew they could only use the ones that had shown so far which consisted of levitation (lifting debris), matter manipulation (disintegrating robots and healing others), super speed (dashing around the mock city), and reality-warping ("stealing" quirks). And because they were going easy on her, super-speed was something they could use to push her out of the ring. As soon as the whistle was blown, Shoka was out of the ring before she even got a chance to move and the match was over.

Izumi and Katsuki were next. Izumi tried to lift him out of bounds, but Bakugou struck her off guard with a powerful explosion. He then blasted himself straight toward her and she tried to push him back, but this proved to be pointless as he used his explosions to redirect himself. He was right about to attack from behind when she flung debris at him as a distraction for him to focus on while she indiscreetly pushed him to the edge before punching him out and winning the match.