The Plan: Step 2

Toshinori held true to his promise.

He visited Izuku every chance he got and even conversed with Bill whenever he wasn't working. Now that's not to say he abandoned his wife and daughter, but after pressing them into telling the truth, he did spend less time with them. He was tempted to divorce his wife, but that would mean less time with Izumi, and less time with Izumi meant breaking the promise he made to not betray any more of his family.

Unfortunately, Izumi had a very concerning plan regarding Izuku. She resented Bill for them replacing her as Izuku's new family and wanted to get rid of him. But Izuku would be upset about her killing his "best friend", so she intended to defeat Bill in some way to prove that she was worthy of forgiveness and Izuku would want to be her brother again. And as if his crazed daughter's actions weren't concerning enough, his wife was even scarier. The woman was terrified of Bill (he most likely threatened her to stay away from Izuku), but she still despised her son. She was very on board with her daughter's plan and secretly helped her come up with different ways to get revenge. And if Izumi ever did find a weakness that would take Bill down a peg, Inko would exploit it to the best of her ability. Unfortunately, the only present weakness he had, was also his greatest strength: Izuku. Izuku was his strength, his inspiration, and his will to fight. Destroying Izuku's bond with Bill would either weaken or empower Bill, and the two weren't sure which. But from the interactions Izumi had seen between her classmates and her targets, the latter seemed more likely.

Bill favored Momo due to her kindness towards Izuku and accepted Tsu due to her neutral stance and honest nature. But the argument between him and Mina was proof that trying to take Izuku away from Bill would result in a fight. This meant that the only way to win Izuku over would be to win Bill over, but the blonde already hated her and her friends. It would take time before Izumi was back in Izuku's good graces, and she couldn't afford to back down now. That would only prove that she is willing to abandon him, and she wasn't going to do that. Not again. But as for Inko? Inko didn't give a damn about Izuku, she only wanted her punching bag back. Alcohol and clubs weren't cutting it.

And that was another thing that pissed Toshinori off! She had been cheating on him all this time. He shouldn't have been surprised due to how quickly she moved on from her ex-husband, but to betray him immediately after he lost Izuku? That's basically like stabbing him in the back and trying to "fix it" by pouring beer on the wound. Not only do both of those actions hurt like hell, but they're just plain cruel.

Toshinori couldn't bring himself to care anymore. He didn't love his wife and was disgusted by his daughter. He wished he could leave them, he really did, but Izumi still had One For All. He was tempted to take it back and give it to the boy that Nighteye recommended, but he couldn't very well leave his backstabbing wife knowing that his already split life would split even further. Toshinori was still her mentor, and until that position changed, he would have to be there for her. So, for the time being, he would let her have it until he could get into contact with Nighteye and his apprentice. Which brought him back to now, playing hide-and-seek with his son in the grand hall of Cipher's mansion. The host in question sat on the couch with a small desk in front of him so that he could do his paperwork. Normally, Izuku would help with that, but he was busy playing with his dad.

Or at least, that's what it looked like.

. . .

The Izuku that Toshinori was playing with was a mirage. It was a mental copy of Izuku and had the same mind and behavior as Izuku, but it wasn't the real one. And while Izuku did want to play with his dad, he couldn't afford to fall behind on his work. The dreamscape was full of Izukus moving about, all doing their assigned duties. Bill even had a headache with how much work Izuku was doing. The original had to stay with Hisahi to ensure that his influence continued to sway Hisashi's mind into staying in the dreamscape. But the others were tending to the rest of the plan. The blueprints that Bill had drawn up were given to Izuku, who gave the files to a mirage for it to take to the simulation room and present to Bill when it was done with testing. Another mirage was tasked with managing the decoration of the new cell. With Izuku's, Hisashi's, and Toshinori's memories combined, Hisahi's room was altered to look like the one he had back when he still lived with his family. It was a cozy apartment-style room. It was equipped with everything he needed, and everything he didn't. And because they were in the dreamscape, all supplies for imaginary food would be restocked.