Dangerous Waters

Leah's POV
Emma, and I where on the floor looking at Cleo's fish tank, her fish recently just died so it was very sad day for Cleo, Me, and Emma, got up from the floor and put a arm around Cleo's shoulder, she sniffed and wiped her nose "I guess he was pretty old, but it's still such a shock when it happens, I'm sorry I'm trying to be brave" she sniffed, I looked at her "you don't have to, not at a time like this" Emma shook her head, and comforted her.

"Yeah Cleo, and besides me and Emma are here for you always" I rubbed her shoulder "all the great times the two of us had together, I can't believe they're over, poor Pluto" she cried, she laid her head on Emma's shoulder, I put my head on hers and rubbed her arm "he was such a good fish" she looked at the box the fish was in.

"How? Like it was just a fish" Rikki was on her phone, I looked back at her and rolled my eyes "he was loyal, he was honest" she looked up at the ceiling "did he do tricks?" Rikki asked from behind "no, of course not" she shook her head "did he, I don't know what do fish do?" She asked I looked at her in disbelief "the same things we do but in water" Cleo snapped "sorry, just asking, so what are we doing binning or flushing?" Emma, and I looked back at her "neither" Cleo put down her box got up and walked away.

"You know how much time she puts into those fish, she really loves them" Emma told her "hello, fish have no long-term memory, they completely forget who she is every three seconds, that is not a basis for a relationship" she looked at Cleo "if it's not about you, you're not interested, you can be really self centered sometimes" I looked at her "that is so not true" she shook her head.

"Oh, yeah, what was the fish's name?" I looked over at her, she thought for a moment, I shook my head and looked at Emma "Bubbles? I give up" she shrugged her shoulders "exactly" Emma said.

Cleo walked back with a tissue in her hand, she wiped her tears away as she sat back down "I'm sorry" she told us, I rubbed her back as she leaned into Emma, Rikki got up and left Cleo's room.

"Should we wait for Rikki?" Cleo asked her "she might be a while" Emma put her hand on Cleo's shoulder, we where on Cleo's dock getting ready to have a good service for her fish, she opened up the box "well, Pluto I guess this is it, I just wanted to say thanks." She looked at him.

"Thanks for being a great companion, a confidant, I could tell you anything, thanks for being a great...fish" I smiled at her "and now return to the deep" she grabbed her fish, and dropped him in the water, but he didn't sink, she looked at me and I cringed "somehow I thought he'd sink" she looked at me.

"Is it alright if we have a minute of silence" she asked us "of course it is" I told her, we bowed our heads in silence "hey, guys, don't start without me" Rikki came rushing towards us "we've already finished" Emma told her mad "I got you something, now I know it can't be easy losing your pet, Pluto, like that, so I got you this" she smiled and held up a orange fish.

"Now, he's not an exact match, but the guy at the pet store said he'd be just as much fun to talk to, and I thought you could call him Pluto two in honor" she looked at the fish "right, thanks" she looked at Emma and walked away "now what?" Rikki asked "Cleo collects salt water fish, not fresh water" Emma told her, she walked off "it's okay Rikki it was a nice thing" I told her and followed Emma.

Cleo's POV
"I know, you miss him as much as I do, don't you?" I looked at my fish, I heard a knock on my door, as I sat on my bed "who is it?" I yelled "the idiot" I looked behind me "come in" I told Rikki, she walked in and shut the door "Cleo, look, I'm sorry, I didn't know about the salt water thing, I should of, and I didn't, what can I say?" She apologized "that's okay, I know you're not good with the whole empathy thing" I told her.

"Yeah, well, it's, you think?" She said surprised at the last part "oh, yeah" I nodded my head "you mean I'm still scented?" She asked "no it's just that other people's feelings aren't really on your radar, but I'm not complaining, sometimes I think I'm too worried about other people's feelings" I looked over at her.