Fish Out of Water

Leah's POV
"That was so scary" Cleo was shook up from the movie we had just watched "they're just people in rubber mask" Emma tried to reassure her "it's not that, the zombie in the laundromat that got electrocuted, she was wearing my pink top" Cleo said, I rolled my eyes at her sacredness.

"That was sad" Emma looked down "guys the movie wasn't even that bad, it was awesome" I smirked "you crazy" Cleo put her hands in her pockets, I shrugged and stayed quiet "and then the zombie on the bus that was dribbling slime...she was wearing my blue dress" I deeply sighed at Cleo.

"Not your exact dress" I tilted my head at her "well, it may as well have been, I've gotta do a clean out, I cannot be seen wearing the same clothes as a zombie" Cleo was talking, but I looked up and saw an very familiar blonde curly headed mermaid, I grabbed both the girls arms for them to stop.

"What?" Emma said trying to look where I was looking "what's happening?" Cleo looked over the bolder that was in the way "is that Rikki? What's she doing walking out of Thirty Days of Love? That's a romance movie" Cleo looked closer, she turned towards us, I stood there in shock "what she doing walking out with Zane?" Emma squinted her eyes at the two practically glaring at them.

"She probably just bumped into him, and she's being polite" I reassured the girls "Rikki's never polite" Emma told me, till I saw Zane wrap his arm around Rikki's shoulders, as she leaned in close to him smiling at him "ok, spoke to soon" I nervously bit my lip.

Reed had offered to carry my books as we where talking about Rikki "Lewis, Reed, have you seen Rikki this morning?" I turned my head to them while walking "no, why, what's going on?" Reed answered in a panic "we want you to tell us everything you know about Rikki and Zane" I pointed at the both of them.

Reed stopped and had a angry look on his face "my sister and that brat" Reed pointed at his chest referring to Rikki, I rolled my eyes and looked at my brother "let me think. Uh, Rikki, yeah, she's smart and sassy, at first, I—I found her quite prickly. But no, there's certainly a soft side to her" Lewis went on.

"As for Zane—Zane's just a spoiled, rich kid, who needs to buy himself a brain" Lewis gestured his hands "finally someone agrees" Reed chuckled "well, they're dating" Cleo blurted to them, I bit my lip and looked at Reed who's smile faded.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, Rikki and Zane are sworn enemies" Lewis followed Cleo down the stairs "we saw them at the movies, they were definitely together" Emma said to Lewis with no care that Reed was there  "she told me she was going to the movies with you girls, how together, like, like fancy, meeting you here, together.?" Reed spilled us with questions and he wanted answers.

"They had their arms around each other" Emma quickly told Reed, I glanced at Emma telling her to stop "no, what you saw we're probably just two people that resembled Zane and Rikki." Reed tried to make himself feel better "Reed, Love, it was them" I put my hand on his shoulder in comfort.

"Maybe—maybe Zane was performing the Heimlich maneuver on Rikki" I shook my head at Reed "oh, when I see him it's over" Reed deeply said, I turned to the gang and my eyes widened as did theirs "ok, wait, let's think about it real quickly, let's just ask Rikki" I turned to them all.

"No, better idea, we want you guys to follow them, watch them, and report back" Cleo asked them "better idea" I pointed at Cleo and turned to the two boys "yeah, okay I'm in but-" before Reed could say anything Lewis complained like always.

"No, no, now, why is it always us that has to do the following? What you don't think I've got anything better to do?" Lewis threw up his hands "like what? Besides tag along with my friends and I" I laughed at him, and I heard Cleo chuckle "Lewis, you and Reed are better at blending in" I put my hands on both their shoulders.